Production Assistant I 10/12/2017
Lafarge North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT I
Job Locations US-OH-Paulding
# of Openings
Lafarge North America Inc.
This individual must demonstrate the ability to multitask based on the needs of the shift. In some instances as contained in the collective agreement, the employee may be required to work in excess of 8 hours per shift. The individual must be able to perform light mechanical tasks, understand equipment operation and inspection, and will perform duties that are at times quite physical in nature.
All employees are expected to follow safe work practices. Appropriate footwear, eye and head protection must be worn when working in the plant environment.
* Perform duties in a safe manner abiding by the plant safety polices.
* Identify and correct any safety issues identified.
* Perform field level risk assessments.
* Identify and correct any environmental issues noted during daily shift operations.
* Provide troubleshooting and process changes recommendations based on test results.
* To comply with all company safety and environmental requirements in the performance of the job.
* To perform shift and pre-start inspections and insure that any safety or maintenance issues on the equipment are addressed.
* Measure clinker, cement and other silos as needed.
* Computer data entry and ability to navigate basic software programs.
* Ensures the quality parameters, throughout every step of the process, are maintained in accordance with Lafarge and ASTM guidelines and procedures.
* To complete all daily reports with accurate counts to the Production Supervisor.
* Identify process issues drilling down to the root cause and correcting.
* Maintain raw material flow in hoppers, tanks and feeders, which at times requires manual labor to unplug blockages. Reporting any material flow problem that could adversely impact the manufacturing process.
* Clean up around raw material hoppers, coke tunnel, and finish mill feeders, etc. as needed, conducting good housekeeping in all work areas.
* Work any shift, including weekends and paid holidays as schedules dictate.
* Uses safe work practices and report hazardous conditions as encountered on the job.
* Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies to assume that environmental, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results.
* Zero first aids, medical aids, and lost time accidents.
* Minimum citations during MHSA inspections.
* Zero Notice of Violations during EPA inspections.
* Zero customer complaints
* Minimum fringe product created throughout the process.
* Documentation of process testing
* Measure material silos every shift
* Troubleshoot process issues
* Maintain process material flow
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Graduate, GED or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of plant equipment
* Knowledge of cement manufacturing process
* Good communication skills
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer