Production Control Analyst 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/27/2018
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUILD YOUR FUTURE WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Production Control Analyst 2 Job Summary
Salary Range: 64,305 - 73,951 - 83,597
The Production Control Analyst 2, working under minimal supervision, is responsible for administering all aspects of Westfield s scheduling function using third-party mainframe and/or distributed scheduling software products. Primary responsibilities include operations monitoring and job scheduling automation that meets company service levels objectives. Provides day-to-day balancing support of nightly cycles, approver support for mainframe change management processes, processing support for developer essential updates to the policy administration system, and report administration and distribution as needed. Serves as a peer resource and mentor to less experienced Production Control Analysts.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Administers all aspects of Westfield s scheduling function using third-party mainframe and/or distributed job scheduling software. Administration includes, but is not limited to, job administration/automation such as creating new jobs, modifying existing jobs, job execution, simulation, forecast, planning, calendar maintenance, coordinating holiday schedules, cycle monitoring, job documentation, and other daily scheduling duties.
2. Works closely with internal customers in new job set-up to establish production runs, ensuring all solutions adhere to company/department standards and data/files are available according to company service level objectives. Works with more tenured team members or as directed by leader to implement cross-platform or unique scheduling workflows to provide production control quality automation to meet objectives. Performs problem identification, escalation, resolution, and communicates status of operations to allow for immediate response to service disruptions.
3. Modifies and maintains all frequencies of processing schedules. Prepares turnover for 2nd shift and receives turnover from 3rd shift. Monitors system console and performs application restarts on 1st shift.
4. Performs new day process including preparing date cards and other processes to ensure application processing meets company service level objectives. Works within the team to adjust schedules to address problems and/or implement automation. Adjusts production schedules based on holidays and special processing requests.
5. Adheres to all scheduling standards and works with leader and team to ensure that scheduling standards are current. Creates new and maintains existing scheduling standards while working with less tenured schedulers to ensure adherence to scheduling standards.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5+ years of scheduling experience.
2. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in the use of scheduling tools including job scheduling workflows.
3. Demonstrated strong production control skills including proven ability to understand operational environment, manage automated processes, discern information, and ensure jobs run efficiently, effectively, and error free.
4. Proven ability to collect and analyze data, identify trends, establish facts, and recommend solutions.
5. Proficient in the use of core systems (e.g. Mainframe, Windows, MS office), computer equipment, and various software packages.
6. Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule and provide on-call support for off shifts, weekends, and holidays.
8. Ability to coach and mentor others.
9. Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, and project skills including the ability to prioritize work.
10. Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, technical certification OR commensurate experience.
11. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in any office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
* Ability to provide on-call support for off shifts, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.