Production Dept Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/13/2018
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
Brooklyn Park, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Responsible for day-to-day operations within the facility to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
* Manage personnel and participate in other staffing-related activities as needed.
* Provide ongoing performance management to direct reports and foster a learning environment.
* Address and effectively resolve personnel or departmental issues in a timely and professional manner.
* Conduct annual performance reviews.
* Approve and manage overtime of production personnel.
* Develop and implement training for department personnel.
* Review and analyze various reports related to staffing.
* Prepare and lead team meetings.
* Participate in job planning and scheduling to ensure workflow efficiencies and timely order delivery.
* Oversee the routing of jobs within a team environment.
* Provide input to Senior Management and Account Managers relative to meeting customer expectations for timing and delivery.
* Investigate and address quality issues.
* Participate in and contribute to the organization's quality program.
* Participate in development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the facility.
* Liaison between account managers, project managers, and production personnel.
* Participate in decisions regarding location operations, staffing, company policies, etc.
* Available evenings and weekends to address production or other issues as needed.
* Participate in weekend manager rotation schedule.
* Participate in company EH&S program.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Mac user experience strongly preferred.
* Working understanding of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the graphic arts industry.
* 3 - 5 years experience managing personnel in the graphic arts or prepress industry.
* Experience effectively managing a large department working varied shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",