Production Supervisor 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Performance Health and Wellness, headquartered in Warrenville, Illinois, is the maker of clinically-proven brands sold across the globe in a wide range of channels, including retail, specialty retail, professional and e-commerce. We are a growing company providing solutions for health and wellness, exercise and performance, rehab and recovery, and pain relief. Our products and content empower people in every stage of an active life from injury recovery all the way to performing at an elite level. Our mission motivates our performance every day.
Around the world, we serve consumers, athletes, patients, and healthcare practitioners with proven solutions to common needs and problems. These leverage effective and innovative products backed by clinical research, empowering education, instructions and content, endorsement by healthcare professionals, and practice-building support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Ensure all production schedules are completed each week at each location.
* Ensure all customer shipments and transfer orders are done on time in the Cedarburg and Brown Deer warehouses.
* Ensure production standards are met or exceeded at each location.
* Manage production budget and control cost/OT for each location.
* Create action plans if schedules are not attained (i.e. issue, root cause, actions, who, when).
* Analyze work schedules and customer orders to assign and reassign labor as needed.
* Compute amount of stock/supplies required for department operations based on production schedules.
* Work with purchasing team to ensure materials are in-house to meet schedules for each department.
* Work with Purchasing and Planners to ensure the appropriate levels of inventory for finished goods and raw materials are in the warehouses to meet demand.
* Create/adjust work procedures to meet production schedules as needed.
* Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, output, and quality.
* Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Maintain a safe working environment for employees.
* Assist in safety inspections and investigations. Report issues to Plant Operations Manager and EHS Manager as needed.
* Fill out appropriate documentation for vacation requests and attendance and forward to the Plant Operations Manager.
* Report disciplinary issues to Human Resources and Plant Operations Manager and administer disciplinary documentation.
* Complete employee performance reviews.
* Interface with other departments in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
* Interface with IT and Finance departments as needed.
* Maintain production records.
* Ensure employees are trained to current procedures.
* Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
* Follow all FDA and ISO regulations.
* Direct workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standard.
* Lead continuous improvement activity throughout manufacturing including, but not limited to, scrap reduction, production standards, and lead time reduction.
* Notify maintenance on any problems or issues observed on equipment.
* Use ERP/WMS system to manage inventory and to ensure finished goods are shipped to customers on time.
* Work with planners and purchasing to manage backlog of finished goods.
* Ensure cycle counts are completed in the warehouses.
* Complete all other duties assigned.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
* A Bachelor s or associate s degree preferably in engineering or a technical discipline.
* Minimum 5 year experience leading and managing people in a manufacturing and warehouse operation.
* 3-5 years prior experience with Microsoft Office applications.
* 3-5 years prior experience with ERP and WMS systems.
* 3-5 years prior experience and training in Lean Manufacturing
* Prior tow motor and pallet truck certifications
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law..