This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - Falconer, Falconer New York US 14733
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Manufacturing
Job Description :
We are seeking a Production Supervisor for our Falconer, NY location. The incumbent we seek is dynamic, driven and passionate about a job well done. This position reports to the Group Channel Manager and will teach, coach and mentor approximately 60 front line associates. They will champion LEAN manufacturing in order to achieve all quality, cost and customer service objectives.
* Coordinate all fabrication and assembly related production efforts from receipt of customer requirement through component delivery and product support.
* Optimize the utilization of resources in term of people/machines and material inside the channel.
* Manage channel operations according to the SKF Code of Conduct, Environment Health & Safety (EHS) practices, and the Quality Management System.
* Maintains liaison with Operations departments and guides the investigation, analysis and solution of problems of prime importance to the unit goals and the objectives of all phases of the manufacturing process.
* Develops a wide variety of reports and analyses of costs, schedules, design changes, and manufacturing methods, processes and tooling.
* Responsible for the completion of Key Job Requirements and other tasks related to this position as assigned by cognizant management.
Job Requirements :
* B.S. degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering or business related discipline, and/or a combination of 5-7 years of experience and education in lieu of degree.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace, heavy metal manufacturing. Supervisory experience in a high-tempo workplace preferred.
* Proficient with computer software & related systems, well-developed written, verbal and communication skills.
SKF s vision is built on a commitment to growth and performance in satisfying our customers. Our goal is to lead and excel in every market we serve. We encourage our employees at all levels to recognize their ability to make a difference. Our industry leading benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances; 401(k), paid time off and holidays. SKF is an equal opportunity employer.
SKF Aerospace is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to bringing greater diversity to its workforce. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.