Production Supervisor II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/9/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrimary Function
Responsible for the efficient operation of Manufacturing Department, the direction of the plant work force and the meeting of daily production schedules. Supervises and coordinates activities of Leaders and workers. Verifies correct manufacturing processes are adhered to. Works with other operators, engineers and quality personnel to identify and resolve potential customer issues.
* Interpret and enforce company policies and procedures to Leaders and Operators.
* Lean expert to establish CI Improvement and Lean Manufacturing programs
* Utilizes creative and entrepreneurial approach toward continuous improvement.
* Responsible for establishing a safe workplace through employee involvement.
* Investigate all injuries; provide support on implementation of suggested corrective procedures.
* Responsible for completing employee time, absenteeism, and vacation paperwork or systems in a timely manner.
* Develop and promote positive relations with employees through effective communication of company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for investigating conflicts and the discipline of personnel within the Manufacturing Department.
* Responsible for coordination and implementation of the cross training program, the manufacturing training program and departmental rotation plans.
* Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications; analyze all nonconformance for root cause and implement corrective procedures.
* Study production schedules, estimate man-hours requirements for completion of job assignment and make appropriate action plans.
* Responsible for timely completion of all manufacturing production schedules including subassemblies, service requirements, and other department requests.
* Responsible for product quality in accordance with established Company guidelines and / or specifications.
* Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
* Supervise and direct Leaders to efficiently meet production schedules through the use of available manpower.
* Responsible for completion and utilization of all manufacturing forms and paperwork.
* Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory for plant production supplies and small tooling.
* Responsible for following through on Maintenance issues.
* Assist with maintaining building security.
* Work with Engineering on creating, maintaining and implementing drawings, BOM revisions, ECO, ETC.
* Responsible for proper care and cleaning of the equipment, following all safety policies and guidelines and maintaining the area s organization and housekeeping.
* Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy of raw materials in the area and assists with cycle counting.
* Perform all other duties assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Business preferred or related field.
* 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing required, to include safety, production, maintenance, materials, quality, lean environment, succession planning and employee relations.
* 4-5 years of Supervisory experience required.
* Strong analytic skills, with ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers.
* Demonstrated leadership as part of a cross-functional plant operations team.
* Proven ability to manage and develop staff and experience managing hourly staff in a a department with Presses, Dies, Machining, and Assembly Equipment, etc
* Strong planning, problem solving, organizational skills and strong influencing and communication skills with employees at all levels.
* High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
We Offer: Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..