This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
This position has responsibility for all day-to-day manufacturing operations including safety, quality, waste and productivity, within a designated department and shift. The position contributes to achieving the plant's sales objectives through coordination of workflow and product quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure Company assets and physical plant are secure and well maintained.
* Achieve desired results in Safety by demonstrating personal commitment and leading safety processes to sustain a safe work environment. Implement and coordinate department safety education and processes in accordance with corporate best practices and policies.
* Achieve desired results in Quality by leading process reliability efforts to ensure lowest cost, best quality with high return on assets.
* Minimize waste within the department by driving awareness, training and accountability.
* Participate in machine center goal setting process.
* Drive maximum throughput within the department by reducing set up times and increasing uptimes and machine speeds.
* Support Culture and maintain a strong focus on Housekeeping within the department.
* Identify equipment issues and coordinate necessary maintenance activities (including preventative) on the various production machines.
* Responsible for accurate production documentation/data entry.
* Problem solve and address operational troubleshooting questions as they arise.
* Support effective labor utilization and efficiencies through participating in the process of employee scheduling, appropriate use of overtime.
* As appropriate, ensure department/area of responsibility is in compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations and permitting requirements.
* Demonstrate understanding and appreciation for key financial drivers in the plant and how they affect the bottom line. Be fluent in calculating the various costs of decisions as well as inventory costs.
* Control manufacturing and conversion costs within budgetary limits by developing tools and techniques to reduce cost, improve quality and labor efficiency.
* Coach and develop hourly employees to maximize their effectiveness. Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
* Ensure performance feedback is completed effectively and on a timely basis. Reward and recognize employees.
* Hold people accountable for performance; work with under-performers on training assistance, or put them in documented performance improvement plans and/or disciplinary programs as necessary.
* Team oriented and excellent interpersonal communication skills. Able to develop and give presentations to direct reports, peers, etc., on operational topics.
Supervises subordinate employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* High School Diploma or GED
* A four year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
* 2 years previous management/supervisory experience
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Will have a minimum of 3 years operations experience within the corrugated industry with high graphic printing, folder gluer, Jagenburg and J&L experience.
* Will have demonstrated leadership within a group of employees in productivity, quality and safety.
* Must possess a strong safety and operations background.
* Will have process acumen, be results-driven and possess strong communications skills.
Kapstone Paper and Packaging is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled