This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/6/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONATI Forged Products produces and markets a wide range of specialty metal alloys, including titanium, nickel, and steel forgings to end use markets such as aerospace, energy, oil & gas, and general industrial markets. We have several operating facilities and deliver products to customers globally.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor. This position is located at our Portland, IN. plant.
The Production Supervisor primary duties are to supervise and schedule Forge Shop operations while ensuring product quality, efficient operations, and a safe work environment.
Position responsibilities include:
* Supervise and manage production crews in the forging of metal components. Responsible for correct techniques, methods, sequence, safe operations, and to insure a quality product.
* Preplan jobs and coordinate Forge Shop scheduling with multiple departments to assure that stock, tooling, manpower, and equipment are available for production. Organize and assigns work to employees by utilizing managerial skills such as human relations and knowledge of equipment and employee capabilities.
* Determine manpower requirements of jobs, sequences jobs, and communicate crew changes, downtime and piece counts to operations to assure prompt starting of units, and provide required production data for payroll and operating system accuracy.
* Coordinate with Maintenance and Engineering as appropriate, to diagnose machine and equipment malfunctions, and expedite repairs and corrective measures to minimize downtime and schedule interruptions.
* Provide information related to deviations in process or product. Participate in corrective action investigation. Implement corrective action as necessary. Support Engineering department in tooling, methods, and procedure/process revision tryouts to improve quality, reduce costs, and develop production methods for new jobs.
* Promote employee involvement in problem solving and participation in operational teams. Support employee and operational initiatives, continuous improvement and cost reduction efforts.
* Ensure the highest level of safety and good housekeeping in work environment through implementation of ATI safety practices.
If you are organized, motivated and can work independently and as a part of a dynamic team, please contact us. We offer excellent salary compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. For consideration, submit your resume and salary requirements.
ATI Metals and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
* Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
* Strong verbal, written, and employee relations skills
* Competency in Windows-based software such as Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
* Demonstrated experience in a demanding fast pace environment
* Applicant shall be detail orientated, organized, and exhibit a strong sense of accountability
* Post-Secondary Education in Engineering or technical related field
* Experience in working with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Principles
* Experience in Metal Forging Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.