Production Supervisor 10/11/2017
WS Packaging Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Directing the activities of staff involved in the manufacturing and assembly of labeling equipment and packaging lines.
* Responsible for daily and weekly production planning as well as scheduling of the complete production cycle to meet customer needs in the most timely and efficient manner.
* Monitors the production process and project status ensuring that each project is meeting internal and external customer requirements.
* Responsible for managing and creating an engaging environment for production employees and cross-functional partner, and oversees the department staffing needs, performances, coaching, performance reviews, and disciplinary action as required.
* Ensures that the production team is properly following work instructions, quality procedures, and safety policies.
* Promotes activities toward higher proficiency of one piece flow concept.
* Utilizes the corrective action process to establish root cause, and addresses issues by implementing and communication corrective action.
* Monitors plant costs and budgets to assure cost controls are in place.
* Fully participate in company lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum two year certificate from college or technical school in Management or related program preferred with progressive experience in the role(s) you are Supervising.
Minimum for 5 years related experience is preferred, and/or 10 years of equivalent education and work experience in the packaging machinery or pressure sensitive labeler industry required.
Lean Manufacturing and 6S certification preferred.
* A hands-on leader that is a role model with high integrity, positive influence, and strong business acumen that embraces change, possesses a continuous improvement mindset, and has a passion for exceeding customer and company expectations.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written.
* Strong leadership and organizational skills as well as problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Excellent track record driving employee engagement.
* Strong computer skills.
* Dedicated to quality in all aspects of the job.
* Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding business environment.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)