Production Tech II - PFA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONOccidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position Production Field Analyst within our Permian Resources New Mexico Delaware group based in Carlsbad, NM.
This position is responsible for oil and gas well operations, well testing, operating and maintaining field equipment and facilities, surveillance of general field operations and maintenance of various databases regarding production and operations. Non-scheduled call-outs outside normal business hours can be expected. Types of well include flowing, beam pump (with electronic pump-off controller), plunger lift, water injection and water disposal. Types of facilities include production tank batteries, flowlines, LACT (lease automatic custody transfer) facilities, water injection plants, natural gas compression, cathodic protection and metering devices (electronic gas measurement and others). Job is to be performed employing safe work practices while utilizing acceptable environmental procedures to maximize earnings while minimizing costs on assigned oil and gas producing properties.
* 15 years Production Technician Experience
* High School diploma or GED required
* Some college or technical training a plus
* Valid Driver s License with an acceptable driving record
* Proficient in the use of personal computer utilizing a MS Windows environment
* General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
* Technical skills related to math and analytical processes
* Strong initiative and self-starter
* Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
* Understanding of business fundamentals
* Understanding of importance of environmental and safe work practices
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status