Program Assistant - Energy & Transportation 9/20/2017
Natural Resources Defense Council
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Returning Candidate*
Log back in!
PROGRAM ASSISTANT - ENERGY & TRANSPORTATION
PROGRAM ASSISTANT - ENERGY & TRANSPORTATION
# of Openings
Energy and Transportation 
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the power of more than two million members and online activists with the expertise of nearly 500 scientists, lawyers, policy advocates, and other professionals across the globe ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff a force for nature - work out of offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking an experienced Program Assistant to work with the Energy and Transportation (E&T) team. The position provides administrative support to senior managers and advocates, requiring strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple, complex tasks, and willingness to work with a diverse and fast-paced team with limited supervision.
* Serve as a primary point of contact/coordinator for our federal energy and climate program staff, including coordinating team meetings, periodic retreats, and other staff development/coordination activities as requested;
* Staff the climate and energy federal team meetings, providing agendas, calendar invites and notes to all participants;
* Follow up on action items from team meetings to ensure timely delivery of requests for and from staff.
* Senior staff support:
* Day-to-day scheduling including internal and external meetings
* Arrange all travel: provide flight and hotel options, books travel, and manage calendar
* Processes monthly AMEX and reimbursement reports in Concur
* Support other energy staff for calendar and expenses
* Support budgeting for a range of energy and climate project codes, major projects and initiatives, including overseeing use of and entry into a budget tracker, and checking overall spend rates at least monthly;
* Liaise between senior staff and other departments on budget and income issues, relaying information and concerns to relevant finance and development staff;
* Aide end-of-the-year and mid-year grant reporting;
* Support grant proposals and reports, as requested;
* Work with development and finance staff to analyze grant period expenses and facilitate incoming grants/donations; and
* Manage contracts and pass-through grants, as requested.
* 3-5 years experience in an administrative, finance or accounting position;
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
* Strong facility with spreadsheets and databases, and experience with accounting and finance;
* Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Ability to work independently, following organizational procedures and performing accurately under deadlines;
* Ability to prioritize, manage, and follow through on multiple, complex tasks with a high degree of autonomy;
* Strong research skills are preferred;
* Ability to organize and manage internal and external events;
* BA/BS graduate, preferably in business, finance or accounting, with excellent academic credentials.
NRDC is very committed to diversity and inclusion both in the workplace and in our advocacy. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing:
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS