Program Design Sr. Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
Laerdal Medical Corp
Wappingers Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION• Conduct User Research to deeply understand user needs
• Develop User Stories and Conceptual Prototypes for RQI Programs
• Design, develop and specify Complete Programs according to the platform strategies
• Conduct User Testing and Validation activities during development projects and changes.
• Manage a team of Service Designers responsibe for specific parts of the RQI Programs
ii. Product/User Interface
Position Holder is Accountable For:
Define accountabilities. Accountability is being answerable for the result. List the key areas, projects, implementations or applications that the individual is solely accountable for or has the primary decision-making authority. The purpose for defining these accountabilities is to clarify what the employee is accountable for and to agree exactly on the scope of authority. Accountabilities may not be applicable for all roles.
• Lead design development process, from early phase exploration through finished design output. Including
o User research & ethnographic studies
o Ideation & conceptualization
o Industrialization & design detailing
o Usability studies & product validation
Describe primary responsibilities. The Responsibilities describe the most important and frequent actions that are taken by the employee in support of their role. These activities should represent approximately 80% of the time spent on the job. The intention is to provide a concise overview of the job, not to provide “how to” or “step-by-step” details.
Responsibilities and deliverables are:
• User studies and analysis
• Documentation / presentation / visualization of user needs and requirements
• Program concept sketches and mock-ups
• Work closely with program management & product development team.
• Represent users’ needs in the proram design.
• Finished program design specifications
• User testing and program validation
Relevant qualifications and experience:
• Education on master’s level within industrial design, service design or similar
• At least 7 years of experience working in a multidisciplinary team
• Strong leadership skills
• Experience managing small teams
• Enthusiasm for creating the best possible user experiences and making a difference for nurse education and training
• Good abilities in understanding user needs and transferring this to products and services
• Good visualization skills, throughout the phases of a development project
• Experience in planning and execution of user tests and product validation
• User interface design experience
• Rapid prototyping skill
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance