Program Director, APN/PA Practice 10/12/2017
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: This role will be supporting the Healthcare Quality - Patient Safety department.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 22664BR
JOB SUMMARY: Provides professional leadership, direction, and support for regulatory compliance to the practice settings that employ Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants who practice at BIDMC.
* Serves as primary contact for ongoing improvements in administrative, managerial, policy, and practice aspects of advanced practice nursing and physician assistant roles. This includes, but is not limited to: Standardization of practice guidelines/scope of practice; Standardization of supervision requirements;
* Standardization of performance evaluation processes; recommending process changes to maximize revenue; ensuring compliance with billing practices; standardization of compensation and benefits where possible; serving as liaison for The BIDMC Experience work related to Employee Engagement, Patient Experience;
* Ensuring compliance with all state and federal and other agency regulatory requirements for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants.
* Chair the Credentialing Committee for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants.
* Develop strong collaborative relationships with Patient Care Services, Human Resources, the Office of Professional Staff Affairs, Chief Administrative Officers, HMFP Human Resources as well as to the HMFP Chiefs of Services.
* Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal performance levels. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: More than 100
* Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
* Master's degree in advanced practice nursing or PA required.
* Physician Assistant License required or Nurse Practitioner License required.
* 8-10 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.