Program Director 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company*
Pragmatics, Inc. is searching for a motivated, energetic, and talented individual to act as Program Manager/Director in support of various software development, integration, testing tasks, and the delivery of software services to various critical Federal Civilian customers.
Responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for the overall management of the program and ensuring that the technical solutions and services on all task orders are implemented on time and under budget.
* Responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, and directing the technical, administrative, financial, contractual, and personnel actions required to support the contract (particularly contracts that are in the $10m to $40m range)
* Formulates and reviews project plans, determines cost, and ensures conformance to work standards.
* Assists with the capture of the Task Orders under the contract vehicle being completed by the government and acts as primary capture manager for all task orders that will be competed on the vehicle after successful award.
* Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating polices, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
* Assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates.
* Able to evaluate proposed information systems to determine technical feasibility with government-specified technologies, cost for implementation and operations, and functional adequacy.
* Develops systems and maintain records that provide for proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities; prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials.
Progressive managerial experience, to include a minimum of 6 years of senior leadership experience (software service delivery programs over $10m), and 15 years overall experience to include a combination of project management, system development lifecycle methodology (SDLC), delivering software services, business capture/development, and project schedule control experience as well as:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Business (Masters preferred)
* Project Management Institute Program Management Professional (PgMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* At least 5 years experience working with the U.S. Federal Government's FedCiv agencies
* Experience in scope estimation, planning, project costing, budget management, and use of project management tools (e.g. MS Project; MS Excel) in a multiple service tier environment
* Experience managing projects using Agile methodology and practices
* Strong understanding of large complex technical solutions involving multiple platforms (Mainframe, Windows, and Unix) utilizing a Services Oriented Architecture
* Excellent communications (written and verbal) and client facing skills
* Experience with Earned Value Management techniques including variance analysis and reporting
* Experience working with large technical teams and business analysts across multiple functional business areas
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; MBA
* Experience in U.S Financial Regulatory Industry experience
* At least 10 years of experience working with the U.S. Federal Government
* Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence.
For over 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the Federal Government. We have diverse contracts with both Defense/Intelligence Agencies and Federal/Civilian agencies.
We provide Software Engineering, Agile Business Intelligence and Analytics, Audio Visual and Learning Technologies, Cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, Independent Verification and Validation, IT Service Management, Program Management, and Transportation Solutions.
We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at:www.pragmatics.com.
Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.