This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/9/2018
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
San Diego, CA
The Program Liaison is a part of the Communication department and conducts registration visits to clarify patient/family needs and concerns, explains how hospice would address those needs and concerns, gets consents and other initial paperwork completed and provides emotional support. This position specializes in the goal of helping patients and families access quality hospice and palliative care services by registration to The Elizabeth Hospice. The Program Liaison displays an ongoing commitment to excellence in customer service to both internal and external customers and is responsible for carrying out the mission, vision, and values of The Elizabeth Hospice.
Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has been at the forefront of providing exceptional hospice and palliative care, end-of-life home care, and comprehensive counseling options for all ages in San Diego County. A pioneer in the hospice and palliative care movement, The Elizabeth Hospice is the most experienced and largest nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider in the region, serving children and adults, and their families, impacted by illness, grief and loss, throughout communities within San Diego and the Inland Empire. In our 39-year history, we are honored to have earned the community s trust as a respected nonprofit healthcare leader.
JOB DUTIES/KNOWLEDGE/JOB PERFORMANCE:
* Help support an efficient and smooth admit/discharge process for patients/families across the lifespan (perinatal, pediatrics, and adults).
* Exhibits Patients and Families First attitude.
* Facilitates communication between hospice staff and external/internal customers and provides education on The Elizabeth Hospice programs and services available.
* Electronically documents every registration visit according to policy, at the time of visit.
* Conducts registration visits in the hospital, facility or patient s home to clarify patient/family needs and concerns, explains how hospice would address those needs and concerns, obtains consents and completes other initial paperwork.
* Willing to work according to the schedule as assigned daily, and adapt to changes to the schedule when necessary.
* Portrays self confidence with agency s reputation and translates this image into a trusting relationship both with patients/families and customers.
* Provides hospice education to the clinical community as needed in order to meet patient s needs.
* Works closely with Regional Liaisons and the Admissions team in nurturing relationships with various sources in the local medical community including, hospitals, facilities and physicians.
* Circulates promotional/educational materials within clinical community, and participates in health fairs and agency sponsored events.
* Demonstrates compliance and understanding with the policies of the agency and rules and regulations of state and federal bodies.
* Other job duties as assigned.
Status: Full Time
Shift: 8 hours
* High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one to two years in healthcare or related field.
* Prefer experience with hospice, home health, HMO using MediCare and/MediCal
* Demonstrates excellent Customer Service.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, community agencies and institutions.
* Computer Skills (word processing), proficient typing ability, scanner, copier.
* Bilingual/Bilcultural (Spanish/English) a plus.
* Current drivers license and proof of insurance required.
Salary Range: $19.38 - $27.13/hour based on education, experience, and internal equity.
The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.