This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/1/2017
El Paso Behavioral Health System
EL PASO, TX
El Paso Behavioral Health System is part of Universal
Health Services, Inc. (UHS), one of the Nation's largest
and most respected health care management companies,
operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals,
behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers
nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have
more than 65,000 employees. El Paso Behavioral Health
System is 163-bed private psychiatric hospital
specializing in mental health and chemical dependency
care in both inpatient and outpatient (partial
hospitalization program) setting. Consider an
opportunity to shine and thrive at El Paso Behavioral
We offer the following Benefits: Competitive salaries
Paid Time Off Sick Time Tuition Reimbursement
Matched 401(K) Comprehensive Medical Dental Vision
Life Insurance STD LTD EAP FSA AD&D Dep
Life Insurance Supplemental Life Insurance Voluntary
Benefits Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
El Paso Behavioral Health System is currently seeking
qualified candidates for the following position:
FT PROGRAM MANAGER
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS ARE CATEGORIZED UNDER THE
THE JOINT COMMISSION STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE.
1. Ensure that a system is developed to provide
continuity of care and communication with patients.
2. Ensure that all staff members deliver care in
accordance with the Standards of Care and Practice.
3. Implement program policies and procedures and acts as
a resource to the staff.
4. Ensure the program complies with THE JOINT
COMMISSION, HCFA, state and patients rights regulatory
5. Conduct and maintain records of monthly program
6. Assign staff according to patient needs
7. Evaluate program effectiveness and formulate plans
8. Develop staffing schedules in accordance with patient
needs for clinical service staff.
1. Coordinate the process for determining and
maintaining accurate legal processes for patients.
2. Ensure Infection Control, Safety and Risk Management
policies are consistently implemented on the unit.
3. Coordinate, maintain and evaluate the effectiveness
of treatment planning.
4. Process unusual occurrence reports, conduct
investigations and corrective plans when needed.
5. Coordinate performance improvement activities and is
responsible for the effectiveness of the program quality
6. Monitor medical records for appropriate documentation
of care and effectiveness of the treatment plan.
7. Evaluate the appropriateness of all
medical/psychiatric emergency interventions performed in
Patient Care Standards
1. Ensure programs adhere to specific Standards of Care
of Patients for specific age groups represented on
1. Determine and recommend staffing needs and material
resources necessary to provide care to patients.
2. Increase/decrease staff according to acuity and
3. Review and develop staff schedules to provide
consistent and qualified program staff.
1. Recruit and interview potential staff.
2. Ensure all program staff are evaluated according to
3. Provide leadership and direction to all program staff
in accordance with the facility s goals and objectives
and conducts disciplinary actions where indicated.
4. Continually evaluate the activities, morale and
interpersonal relationships of the program staff and
promotes methods to improve in these areas.
5. Ensure that all new employees are oriented to the
6. Provide education, orientation and in-services for
the program staff when opportunity to improve clinical
knowledge is identified.
7. Ensure an adequate system of communication and
reporting is maintained between all staff members, as
well as other departments involved in the ongoing
operation of the program.
1. Participate in the peer review committee, as
2. Represent program and reports in a timely fashion to
the Performance Improvement Committee.
3. Participate in designated task force meetings.
4. Meet on a regular basis with the COO.
5. Collaborate with Case Management to ensure patients
receive timely, quality care.
6. Attend annual mandatory in-service programs.
1. Use time constructively and in an organized manner to
accomplish assigned responsibilities, delegates duties
to other personnel as appropriate, and demonstrates good
2. Demonstrate a professional attitude and works
collaboratively with physicians/licensed practitioners,
staff, patients, visitors and allied health providers.
3. Show evidence of ongoing education in clinical or
health care management.
4. Act as a behavioral model of clinical and procedural
expertise to other staff members through demonstration,
teaching and mutual consultation.
1. Adhere to facility, department, corporate, personnel
and standard policies and procedures.
2. Attend all mandatory facility in-services and staff
development activities as scheduled.
3. Adhere to facility standards concerning conduct,
dress, attendance and punctuality.
4. Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement
goals and objectives.
5. Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and
Note: The essential job functions of this position are
not limited to the duties listed above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES WHAT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITIES AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION SHOULD CURRENTLY
POSSESS. THIS LIST MAY NOT BE COMPLETE FOR ALL
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS
1. Thorough knowledge of psychiatric and medical
2. Knowledge of all code procedures.
3. Knowledge of state mental health laws, and abuse
laws, and the DHS provider agreement.
4. Knowledge of management theories.
5. Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to
6. Skill in telephone etiquette and paging procedures.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and
9. Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
10. Ability to use good judgement and to maintain
confidentiality of information.
11. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines
12. Ability to manage multiple tasks in emergencies.
12. Ability to work as a team player.
13. Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness,
patience and dedication.
14. Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies
15. Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to
the various patient age groups (adolescent, adult and
16. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
17. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines
18. Ability to meet corporate deadlines.
19. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
20. Demonstrates the ability to recognize high risk
behaviors and documents supporting observations in the
patient s medical record.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND SPECIAL DEMANDS
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES HOW AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION
CURRENTLY PERFORMS THE FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE MANNER IN WHICH THIS JOB MAY BE
PERFORMED WILL BE REVIEWED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.
1. Ability to move frequently is required in the
delivery of patient care.
2. Ability to lift, push, pull, twist, and stoop in the
delivery of patient care. Lifting and holding a patient
may be required without assistance.
3. Ability to work inside with air conditioning in
summer and heat in winter.
4. Visual acuity is needed for accurate reading of
gauges, patient changes, and reports.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND OTHER WORK AIDES:
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES THOSE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT,
AND OTHER WORK AIDES AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION MUST
BE ABLE TO USE.
1. Medical and nursing equipment and supplies.
2. Telephone and paging systems.