This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 3/23/2018
North American Pipe Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn the U.S., our polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin is utilized by Westlake companies North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO) and Westech Building Products. North American Pipe manufactures and sells pipe and fittings and Westech Building Products fabricates and sells products for residential and commercial construction. These products are used in projects ranging from water and sewer systems to home and commercial applications for fence, deck rail, window and door systems.
Programmer Location KS, McPherson
Requisition Number 2657
# of openings 1
Provide robot process support along with direction to the organization through process planning, design, support, and execution. Successfully participate in multiple application projects as a robotics technician. Primary focus involves startup, programming, and debugging of robotic automation. Specific competence with dispense process application is highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support installations of Robotic Automated Systems
* Startup, Debug and Production support involving robots and electromechanical systems
* Manage technical solutions to minimize costs while maintaining reliability
* Provide industry specific application knowledge and direction
* Review requirement and design specifications
* Maintain Customer Specifications and logging of deviations
* Provide support for product development
* Develop tools and integration strategies to increase effectiveness and lower cost
* Investigate and suggest process and technology enhancements
* Must be willing to travel.
* Weekend, holiday & call-in work will be required.
* Ability and willingness to take on additional assignments as requested by management.
* Associates in Robotics, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field preferred.
* 5+ years experience in programming
* Advanced training, knowledge, and awareness in Automated Systems and Robot Applications including:
* Knowledge of ABB Robot Studio
* Functional knowledge of Robotics and/or Automation
* Robot path programming
* Robot fault recovery
* Robot interface and control
* Functional experience working with engineering design projects and machine startup
* Functional Robot Electrical Maintenance Skills
* Functional Robot Programming Skills
* Familiar in the application and debug of control components:
* PLC s (Programmable Logic Controller)
* HMI s
* Safety Controllers
* Field BUS I/O
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English. Communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to work well with lathe operators, shift leaders an office personnel. Shares information with co-workers as needed.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers, plus use calculator. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40-50lbs., as well as standing or walking most of the shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid, hot and cold conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability