This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 5/12/2018
Harvard Business Publishing
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Project Manager/Coordinator reports to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Learning. This position is responsible for supporting ongoing processes in the business cycle, project management for new initiatives throughout the year, and providing administrative and logistical support to the Corporate Learning leadership team
BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT
* Support the Corporate Learning annual goal setting and update cycle.
* Support the annual budget and outlook process
* Manage agendas for ongoing meetings of the Corporate Learning Leadership and Management teams and monthly CEO unit review meeting
* Support the product development/product management teams in the entry of product data and coordinate and document product set up requirements
* Support a variety of teams working on key initiatives across all functions of Corporate Learning
* Support the Senior Vice President through assisting with calendar management, meeting logistics, travel, presentation development and other associated tasks.
* Support the Corporate Learning Leadership Team by providing logistical support for meetings, etc
* 3-5 years of project management and/or administrative support for senior executives.
* Outstanding project management and multi-tasking/organizational skills
* Attention to detail and excellent communication skills (interpersonal and writing).
* Ability to thrive in and contribute to a fast-paced environment of teamwork and collaboration.
* Ability to prioritize among competing demands
* Proficiency with desktop applications (MS Office, and project ticketing and management systems).
* Bachelors degree required
We expect any candidate to excel across these company-wide competencies/behaviors:
Understands the Business
Is driven to deliver results and make a valued contribution. Understands how decisions affect other parts of the organization. Collaborates with others for the good of the business. Acts with a sense of urgency, executing on both quality and metrics. Maintains a strong customer focus, for both external and internal customers.
Demonstrates Creative Intelligence
Uses skills to make positive, innovative contributions to move the business forward. Thinks two steps ahead, anticipating change not reacting to it. Consistently displays a positive attitude and is future focused. Views change as an opportunity for the business. Is persistent when faced with challenges. Is resilient; able to overcome barriers and solve problems.
Works well with others, sharing ideas and making agreements. Listens actively, no matter what their level or point of view. Influences cross-organizational buy in to processes and solutions. Is respectful in communications.
Demonstrates Integrity and Openness in All Matters
Models company values and acts consistently. Has a personal sense of ownership for the business. Accepts responsibility for their own actions; sees a problem and fixes it; takes pride in their work. Delivers good and bad news without hesitation.
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) is an idea-driven company with a commitment to improving the practice of management. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University serving customers across three primary markets: educational institutions, corporations, and individual managers. The Corporate Learning division of Harvard Business Publishing provides blended learning and online performance support solutions that address leadership development for emerging and experienced leaders and managers..
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law.