Project / Design Manager - Senior - Higher Education Project Experience Required
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 8/25/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Design Manager Higher Education
Gensler is one of the world s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing a lasting competitive advantage. At Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence. Gensler s San Francisco office is currently seeking an experienced Design Manager with a successful track record managing Higher Education projects.
The Design Manager has overall project responsibility for client management and development, client satisfaction, quality control, financial performance of projects, and a successful track record of managing all phases of a project.
* Manage all phases of assigned higher education architecture projects, including project set-up, design and construction administration
* Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
* Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements for the team
* Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, project set-up with clients, sub-consultants, vendors and contractors
* Manage and develop project teams
* Track financial performance of projects
* Develop and maintain client relationships, for both single projects and multi-project global accounts
* Ensure projects conform to contract
* Lead the project team and client to produce space plans, design development packages and construction documents
* Experience leading architectural projects for higher education clients in the local community within the Bay Area; experience with large scale and complex projects and teams
* 10 - 15 years of related experience
* Integrated into the local community with a client base
* Professional degree (Master or Bachelor) in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited program
* Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
* Strong leadership, organization, communication and interpersonal management skills
* Experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple project teams
* Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
* Experience negotiating project scope and fees
* Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on past projects
* Proficiency with PM software: MS project a plus
* Working knowledge of Revit
For consideration, you must submit cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Gensler is a global design firm, with 40+ offices and 5,000+ employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).