Project Engineer - Concrete Paving (PCCP) Experience Desired for Sundt's Transportation Group 10/12/2017
Sundt Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PROJECT ENGINEER - CONCRETE PAVING (PCCP) EXPERIENCE DESIRED FOR SUNDT\'S TRANSPORTATION GROUP
Location US-AZ-Tempe | US-AZ-Tempe | US-CA-San Diego
Posted Date 2 months ago(10/11/2017 7:15 PM)
# Avail Pos
Sundt Construction's Award Winning Transportation Group is looking to add a Project Engineer with concrete paving experience, PCCP (Portland Concrete Cement Pavement) to be specific! This individual would be based out of our Corporate HQ here in Tempe and eventually work in San Diego on an Airport Project we have just minutes from the Beach!
The Project Engineer will be the technical source of information for the project and should have a thorough knowledge of the construction documents, subcontracts, and purchase orders. They will also respond to questions about drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and change orders. In addition, they will maintain an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers. They also may assist with the supervision and/or training of Field Engineers.
1. Demonstrates an understanding of the components of the project management plan (PMP)
including the project scope management plan, procurement plan, environmental plan,
time management plan, financial plan, quality management and safety plans and risk
management plan to ensure successful project execution. Demonstrates a thorough
understanding of the change management process.
2. Develops an understanding of the prime contract, subcontracts, purchase order
agreements, and allowance items as well as contract drawings and specifications.
Administers elements of the processes involved in budgeting and controlling costs so that
the project can be completed within the approved budget. Demonstrates business acumen
within area of responsibility.
3. Develops a procurement schedule and integrates it with the project CPM schedule.
Procures necessary material and equipment. Coordinates submittals with other trades.
Reviews all submittals for compliance with the contract documents.
4. Prepares and reviews change orders, including time extensions, with the appropriate
personnel before submittal to the owner. Maintains the change order log and, upon
receipt of executed change orders, distributes documents as required to company and
subcontractor field personnel. Prepares cost control budget adjustments and executes in a
5. May participate in concrete form design and related equipment selection and will
participates in takeoffs for concrete, asphalt concrete, earthwork, and utilities as
6. Prepares and maintains quantity reporting mechanisms and coordinates agendas and
prepares minutes for all meetings as well as maintaining various project logs.
7. Maintains "As-built" contract documents. Compiles close-out requirements, including
operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and other job-specific items required by
8. Plans, acquires, develops and supervises members of the project team to ensure relentless
execution of the project.
9. Prevents claims, identify potential claims, quantify, mitigate/resolve the effects of those
that do occur on a timely basis.
1. Four-year construction- related degree or equivalent technical training and related
experience, plus a minimum of three to four years of similar construction engineering
2. An advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc.,
plus in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other
functional units, is required.
3. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to
manage a team of varied disciplines. Should have the skill/ability to supervise and/or train
Field Engineer positions if so required.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8.Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel
toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10.May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis
to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that
values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the
company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered
veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force
in the success of our company.