Project Engineer (20170588)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/3/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
ABSL Space Products (ABSL) is the world-leading manufacturer of Lithium-ion batteries for space applications. We are seeking talented individuals who have the self-motivation and desire to become world-leaders in their field to join our office in Longmont, Colorado.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established engineer with at least three (3) years of experience in battery design and development of highly regulated systems to join a growing international space component supplier.
Main Responsibilities of Job:
* The Project Engineer will support space battery design and development as well as fulfillment of complex requirements documents to demonstrate battery compliance to specifications
* The Project Engineer will coordinate and validate project testing and analyses plans/reports against customer requirements
* Support business development in assessing and responding to new opportunities
* The Project Engineer will assist multi-disciplinary (thermal, electrical, mechanical) analyses and review technical reports to support programs
* Communicate directly with technical personnel in customer organizations to provide product data, field technical questions, and support technical reviews
* Assist in the development of technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
* Participate in investigations, resolutions, and product improvement meetings
* A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering;
* Above average Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Visio skills required, Access and VBA Skills preferred
* Experience reviewing and responding to compliance matrices
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work within a close knit team to strict deadlines
* Space, Aerospace, or other highly regulated industry specific experience preferred
* Knowledge of, or experience with large format lithium-ion batteries is highly desired
* Experience with OrCAD and SolidWorks preferred
Longmont, Colorado, United States
EnerSys Advanced Systems