Project Engineer 9/19/2017
Helix Electric Inc
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Are you a strong leader* Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit* Looking to excel and grow in a fast paced atmosphere that will challenge you day in and day out - leaving not a dull moment* Then you may just be the future Project Manager that we're looking for.
We're looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about working on some of the most exciting, high profile, state-of-the-art projects in the country. This is an opportunity to BUILD your career, not just a job.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer or Construction Management recent grad with at least 1-2 years of experience (co-op, internship, current industry employment) in the construction industry who has course work in power systems and/or building systems and systems infrastructures. Our Project Engineers have a documented career path leading to project management, preconstruction, cost engineering, design engineering, and quality control roles.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
* Partner with your Project Manager/Mentor to begin learning how to manage budgets and deadlines.
* Responsible for all vital documentation - Requests for Information, Submittals etc.
* Coordinate with other trades on the assigned project(s).
* Assist with change orders and negotiations.
* Understand single line diagrams and electrical drawings.
* Regular field site visits or you will be stationed on a project site depending on size and scope of the project.
* Work with the Superintendents and Field personnel to understand installation, labor and manpower.
* Learn quality control procedures and safety guidelines.
* Provide top service to our clients with consistent and concise communication.
* Degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or field experience with management aspirations (must be enrolled in degreed program).
* Dedication to learning, expanding knowledge and continuous improvement.
* Interest in Electrical/Power Systems (power systems design, high voltage cabling, lighting systems, and construction electrical engineering industry).
* Candidates with Electrical/Power Systems classes and/or internships are preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
* Problem solving, acceptance of responsibility, and work ethic.
* Motivation to complete tasks on time and on budget.
* Must successfully pass a background/drug screen.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. M/F/D/V Back Email Apply Now