Project Engineer-Municipal 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Our Freehold, NJ office is seeking a Project Engineer - Municipal to join our team. Our Municipal group serves the local townships and cities on improvement projects. Our projects include; Municipal & Land Development, Roadway, Wastewater/Water, Stormwater, Utilities, and Sewer projects.
Come join our team and work with a collaborate group of professional engineers to improve the infrastructure of the surrounding communities.
* As a fully competent Engineer, performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of the subject matter of the functional area of the assignment.
* Assists Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for a major phase of a large project, or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of limited scope.
* Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
* Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Supervision of less experienced engineers or technical support personnel is exercised on an assignment basis and is not an on-going substantial component at this level.
* B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
* Professional Engineering License (PE) in New Jersey or ability to obtain New Jersey reciprocity in a reasonable amount of time.
* 6-10+ years experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on municipal engineering including ALL of the following:
* Land Development
* AutoCAD preferred;
* Microsoft (Word and Excel);
* Familiarity with engineering software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, BIM and other engineering software is a plus;
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Equal employment opportunity is the law.
English version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Spanish version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf
Chinese version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost(chinese).pdf