Project Engineer, Plumbing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/21/2017
Acco Engineered Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting directly to the Construction Manager, with indirect supervision and daily instruction from assigned Project Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING*
* Assist in the document control of the various projects assigned including RFI s, Submittals, O & M s and Contract documents.
* Write letters, memos, contracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project.
* Monthly pay request and project A/R monitoring
* Assist in project close-out
* Collaborating with our Purchasing Department regarding price, delivery, and other specs for purchased items.
* Support the estimating department with take offs, etc as needed.
* Change order compiling, submission, and tracking,
* Work with the Field Supervisors to schedule work
* Field personnel collaboration to build a successful project.
* Attend periodic job walks, Visit jobsites at various phases of the project,
* Assist in the management of subcontractors
* Other duties as assigned
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM*
* (4) year College degree related Mechanical engineering or Business discipline, or equivalent experience
* 1+ or more years of experience in project management support role
* High sense of integrity
* Solid organizational and time management abilities
* Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk and hear.
* The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and at times reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Regular and routine attendance
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
* OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
* APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
* INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
* STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
* GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
* WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
* Company Culture of Excellence Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
* Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
* Education Reimbursement Program for career development
* United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
* Competitive medical, dental, 401k
Do you have what it takes* Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once you ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences matches our needs, you ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.