Project Manager 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY What differentiates us at Alcami* Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
This position will be located in our Charleston, SC facility.
PROJECT MANAGER - DRUG PRODUCT
Please check minimum qualifications below. This position is NOT in the IT or Engineering function.
The Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact on our client s product development projects; coordinate project activities to ensure activities are completed on time and on budget; manage scope and communicate updates to the client; collaborate with functional departments and lead technical teams; and manage multiple projects concurrently.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Establish overall Project Plan/Scope, individual work plans for each phase of the project, and request resources from all the appropriate departments;
* Form project teams and begins the project initiation process; educates Clients on processes and documentation;
* Effectively lead the project team (Project Leadership); resolve any internal project team issues and coordinate decision making within the team;
* Ensure project team understand project objectives, deliverables, timelines and tasks and are committed to meet or exceed plan; resolve resource constraints with appropriate individual(s);
* Build relationships with customers through frequent communication throughout the project and by ensuring their needs are met;
* Generate and review project timelines and deliverables status and promptly modify schedules or plans as required, notify client and internal stakeholders;
* Establish and communicate major milestones both internally and externally; discuss with team when escalation is required based on progress against deliverables/milestones;
* Confer with project team to outline work plans and to assess duties and responsibilities throughout project duration;
* Manage internal conflicting resource demands with the objective of keeping the project on track; effectively work with internal stakeholders to resolve any resource constraints;
* Facilitate regular team meetings with client and project team to review project activities and report status; communicate project challenges, scope changes, and timelines;
* Communicate out-of-scope activities to client and project team and how the activities will be addressed;
* Identify and track critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives; clearly communicate risks to client and/or key stakeholders;
* Utilize project management tools and templates; improve processes and coach team members;
* Provide technical advice (when appropriate) to project team and client; troubleshooting and direction as necessary;
* Lead business/project review meetings; support the client during onsite visits;
* Conduct project closeout and lesson learned meetings/activities;
* Identify project scope changes (vs original plan) for assessment by technical evaluation team; provide justification including additional resources / time;
* Cooperate with business functions on invoicing, revenue recognition, profitability, and other key financial metrics; provide financial forecast data to finance weekly for each assigned project;
* Support sales & business development efforts; involvement with proposal generation as needed;
* Provide input and feedback to Management on individual team member s performance.
* BS or MS in a scientific discipline or Engineering with a minimum of 2 years working in a pharmaceutical development/manufacturing organization;
* Minimum of 2 years experience in project leadership role leading multi-disciplinary project teams in a service business;
* Sterile manufacturing experience strongly preferred
* Proven leadership skills with a customer service focus;
* Strong problem solving capabilities and strategic thinking;
* Excellent communication and organizational skills; attention to detail.
* PMP Certification preferred.
What we offer you:
* In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
* Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
* To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching