Project Manager, Civil / Environmental Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/1/2018
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSince 1919, Kennedy/Jenks Consultants has provided engineering and scientific solutions to municipal agencies, businesses, and industrial facilities. With offices serving clients throughout the United States, we provide consulting services nationwide.
We are seeking a Project Manager for our Walnut Creek and/or San Francisco office to work with Northern California clients on water and wastewater planning and design projects.
You will be involved in exciting projects from proposal preparation and project scoping, through initial planning and detailed design. Responsibilities will also include providing engineering support during construction.
Working in a team environment, your responsibilities will include:
* Organizing and directing project teams, including all engineering disciplines
* Managing development of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and construction schedules,
* Coordinating with sub consultants,
* Managing task scope/schedules/budgets,
* Maintaining quality control, and
* Communicating with clients regarding project progress
* Participate in business in business development efforts including direct client interaction, coordination with marketing staff, preparing proposals, and participating in interviews
* You ll also work closely with our client team leaders to serve clients in the water/wastewater industry and to identify and develop new business opportunities.
* At least ten to fifteen years of related experience
* BS in Engineering (civil, mechanical, environmental preferred)
* MS preferred
* PE in California or ability to become registered
* Demonstrated ability to serve as Project Manager on mid-sized projects and as Deputy Project Manager on large projects
* Strong technical knowledge of the water industry (supply, treatment, storage, and distribution); wastewater experience a plus
* Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service and interact positively with clients
* Experience with business development and sales
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of San Francisco Bay area water and wastewater utilities a plus
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy/Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to a maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides an excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.