Project Manager (Construction)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 3/25/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
JLL is seeking a Project Manager to join our Dallas project development services division. We are looking for candidates with Institutional and Commercial project management and development expertise with experience representing our Owner/Tenant Clients with their construction projects. Projects managed include institutional development, Corporate (including Built to Suit), Hospitality, Industrial, Commercial Office and Special Projects.
Ideal candidates will have a background in Architecture, Construction, Cost Estimating and/or Civil Engineering.
* Technical Expertise and ability to represent the Owner/Tenant on large, complex projects.
* Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to develop and prepare project schedules and utilize project scheduling tools.
* Ability to develop and prepare project budgets and utilize project budgeting tools.
* Ability to scope project requirements and make recommendations on consultant requirements and strategy for project delivery.
* Well Organized with ability to develop and process workflows.
* Ability to chair and facilitate a project meeting with multiple stakeholders.
* Ability to effectively negotiate contract terms that protect the Owner/Tenant best interest.
* Ability to create Value via cost savings, cost avoidance, risk mitigation, accelerated schedule.
* Ability to engage, coordinate and manage all consultants needed during a complex project development.
* Client Interface & Project Team Relationship Management.
* Knowledge of local market and Design and Construction Industry
* Well versed in dealing with local jurisdictions and municipalities.
* Commercial Project Development experience. Experience with all phases of a project from inception and scope development through project closeout and commissioning.
* Experience representing and driving Client/Tenant timeline throughout the development process. Managing and leading external parties (3rd party developer, landlord, city officials, planning and building departments, etc.) through the development approval process.
* Comfortable driving the design and construction process on behalf of Client (as Agent for the Client).
* Managing ambiguity and the challenges that arise during the various phases of project design and construction.
* Ability to manage and coordinate multiple workflows. Including the coordination of Architect/Engineers, the General Contractor, sub-contractors with owner supplied material, and ancillary vendors and suppliers such as IT, AV and FF&E.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Professional Degree in Architecture, Construction Technology or Civil Engineering.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in related areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Planning and Organizing Establish course of action to accomplish goals, evaluates results, develops schedules, and can orchestrate multiple activities at once by effectively utilizing resources
* Client Focus Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal clients, acts with client in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships, and gains their trust and respect
* Technically Savvy: Proficient in Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project, Word
* Experience with Budget & Milestone/Schedule Development, Management and Tracking
* Ability to Read & Understand Construction Drawings & Specifications
* Business Acumen Respected for professional and savvy business sense
* Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and pro-actively anticipate their needs
* Dealing with Ambiguity Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
* Interpersonal Savvy Relates well to others at all levels and uses diplomacy and tact
* Self-Starter Able to start and complete projects independently
* Time Management Use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others
* Written/Oral communications Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect
* Hard worker & Team Player No Task too small. Getting the job done and exceeding client expectations is the key to integrating successfully into our team
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com