Project Manager (Construction) 10/10/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Project Manager (Construction)
Auto Req ID
JLL is seeking a Project Manager to join our Dallas project development services division. We are looking for candidates with Institutional and Commercial project management and development expertise with experience representing our Owner/Tenant Clients with their construction projects. Projects managed include institutional development, Corporate (including Built to Suit), Hospitality, Industrial, Commercial Office and Special Projects.
Ideal candidates will have a background in Architecture, Construction, Cost Estimating and/or Civil Engineering.
* Technical Expertise and ability to represent the Owner/Tenant on large, complex projects.
* Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to develop and prepare project schedules and utilize project scheduling tools.
* Ability to develop and prepare project budgets and utilize project budgeting tools.
* Ability to scope project requirements and make recommendations on consultant requirements and strategy for project delivery.
* Well Organized with ability to develop and process workflows.
* Ability to chair and facilitate a project meeting with multiple stakeholders.
* Ability to effectively negotiate contract terms that protect the Owner/Tenant best interest.
* Ability to create Value via cost savings, cost avoidance, risk mitigation, accelerated schedule.
* Ability to engage, coordinate and manage all consultants needed during a complex project development.
* Client Interface & Project Team Relationship Management.
* Knowledge of local market and Design and Construction Industry
* Well versed in dealing with local jurisdictions and municipalities.
* Commercial Project Development experience. Experience with all phases of a project from inception and scope development through project closeout and commissioning.
* Experience representing and driving Client/Tenant timeline throughout the development process. Managing and leading external parties (3rd party developer, landlord, city officials, planning and building departments, etc.) through the development approval process.
* Comfortable driving the design and construction process on behalf of Client (as Agent for the Client).
* Managing ambiguity and the challenges that arise during the various phases of project design and construction.
* Ability to manage and coordinate multiple workflows. Including the coordination of Architect/Engineers, the General Contractor, sub-contractors with owner supplied material, and ancillary vendors and suppliers such as IT, AV and FF&E.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Professional Degree in Architecture, Construction Technology or Civil Engineering.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in related areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Planning and Organizing Establish course of action to accomplish goals, evaluates results, develops schedules, and can orchestrate multiple activities at once by effectively utilizing resources
* Client Focus Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal clients, acts with client in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships, and gains their trust and respect
* Technically Savvy: Proficient in Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project, Word
* Experience with Budget & Milestone/Schedule Development, Management and Tracking
* Ability to Read & Understand Construction Drawings & Specifications
* Business Acumen Respected for professional and savvy business sense
* Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and pro-actively anticipate their needs
* Dealing with Ambiguity Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
* Interpersonal Savvy Relates well to others at all levels and uses diplomacy and tact
* Self-Starter Able to start and complete projects independently
* Time Management Use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others
* Written/Oral communications Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect
* Hard worker & Team Player No Task too small. Getting the job done and exceeding client expectations is the key to integrating successfully into our team
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.