Project Manager, Construction - Lake Forest 10/11/2017
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Lake Forest, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Project Manager, Construction is expected to consistently exhibit and be evaluated on the following process attributes:
* Leadership: Effective management, active engagement of stakeholders, users and workgroups, responsive to Project Sponsor, Project Team focused.
* Communication: Proactive, clear, concise, and timely to the benefit of the Project Sponsor and Project Team.
* Methodology: Utilizes project management standards and tools, prepares Project Sponsor for leadership updates, timely preparation of status reports, and effective resolution of issues.
* Knowledge of Operations / Project Goals: Recommends solutions that add value, strengthen Project or operational outcomes, exhibits an understanding of Project Sponsor or user needs, and models NM values.
* Results Achieved: Delivers Projects on-time and on-budget including successful activation, closeout and stabilization that meet stated / expected Project Sponsor outcomes and NM goals.
* Performance Evaluation: Ongoing project performance evaluations - collected during the Project lifecycle with feedback from Project Sponsors and Stakeholders integrated - will be used to evaluate Project Manager Job performance.
* Combination of training, experience, and/or education that is deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director and associated NMHC Staff and personnel involved in the leadership of the Department; education / knowledge will vary depending on the domain expertise requirements of the particular project manager position.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 10 years experience in clinical operations, healthcare strategic facility planning, functional and space programming, campus master planning, architectural design, engineering, construction management or activation planning. Experience in hospital and/or healthcare, institutional, science and technology planning, design, construction, activation and/or merger and acquisitions as a consultant or within an institutional planning, integration, construction management, real estate or facilities department(s).
* Experience with building departments and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ) including, but not limited to local planning and building departments within a seven county radius of Chicago.
* Ability to research and determine other local codes and ordinances that apply to on and off-campus properties or future locations not yet determined. Ability to physically navigate construction worksites; bending, standing, walking, squatting, climbing ladders, etc.
* Depends on the particular domain expertise requirements. Professional registration, certification and/or licensure as an architect, interior designer, nurse, or professional engineer (PE) in the State of Illinois.
* Master s Degree in Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Architecture or Construction Management.
* Accreditation as a Project Manager from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar agency.
* Experience as a Construction Management including: 1) Project scope and budget validation; 2) Project schedule development, documentation and tracking; 3) bidding phase management; 4) construction phase administration (e.g. change and claims management, risk management, construction scheduling, project financial management; and 5) financial closeout and audit.
* Experience with the development and administration of contracts between owners and architects, engineers, contractors, specialty consultants, vendors and others. Experience with managing dealings between owner and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ) that pertain to hospital, healthcare, education and research facilities, such as Illinois Health Facilities and Services Review Board (HFSRB), Illinois Department Public Health (IDPH), Joint Commission, etc.
* Working knowledge of the associated codes that apply to hospital and health care facilities; e.g. NFPA Life Safety Code 101, Illinois Hospital Regulations and Licensing, Illinois Certificate of Need (CON) requirements and legislation AHA/IFMA Guidelines for Hospital and Healthcare Facility Design and Construction, Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG) and Illinois Accessibility Code, local Building Code(s), Illinois Hospital Regulations and Licensing, and Certificate of Need (CON) requirements, and Joint Commission Accreditation requirements, etc.
* Familiarity with healthcare related operational and facility planning, design, regulatory and engineering systems and facilities management processes.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.