Project Manager I 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position is in the Calpine s Outage Services group and report to the Planning & Scheduling Director.
The successful candidate will have the capability to participate or lead all aspects of the Forecasting, Initiation, Planning and Closeout phases of power plant center line rotating equipment outages; including Aero, F & G class Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines and their associated Generators. It will be expected that the person will provide leadership in the planning process and also participate as a primary contributor to various group responsibilities.
* Develop into the company expert on outage forecasting using Calpine s Turbine Maintenance Scheduling Tool (TMST)
* Expectations of the forecasting expert role includes maintaining data, assessing and reporting variances, facilitating change meetings and reporting outage date changes to all of Calpine as well as being the group lead in continuous improvement of the tool and forecasting process
* Develop into the company expert on outage schedules using MS Projects.
* Expectations in the MS Project expert role includes developing new and maintaining new templates, create new projects, maintain outages during outage season and lead continuous improvements
* Support the team with compilation of scopes and other outage requirements to initiate RFQs & Purchase Orders for Outage Services responsible scopes
* Follow all purchasing and approval policies
* Backup support for planning meetings including travel to site when necessary to lead planning meetings and facilitate the communication of the outage plan to all concerned parties; plant leadership, vendors, and all Outage Service groups.
* Monitor the Service Requests and ensure their transformation to Work Orders when approved
* Backup support for post outage meetings including travel to site when necessary to facilitate the post outage meetings and ensure any scopes or issues to be addressed at a future date have been documented in Maximo
* Contribute to improvements to the planning tools and processes including but not limited to the Planning Document template, DOR templates, Maximo Job Plans, and Schedule templates
The successful candidate will want to demonstrate a working knowledge of turbines & generators, group communication skills, and organizational skills. They will need working skills in MS Office products and Sharepoint. Knowledge of Maximo and Peoplesoft would be a plus.
* Bachelor s Degree Project Management or Organizational Management.
* Previous work leadership experience.
* 5-6 years in area of specialization.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm