PROJECT MANAGER III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
The Project Manager III will serve in a senior project management role for one or more moderately complex software engineering projects. Monitor project completion from initiation through delivery - all phases of the software development lifecycle. Supervise and train employees to promote maximum productivity and achievement of program goals. Responsible for direct reports/line management. Timecard administration. Responsible for mentoring direct staff on job growth and career development by providing training plans, performance evaluations, career guidance, and sharing knowledge. Develop implement and track project metrics to report performance. Conduct business and technical presentations for customer. Prepare, develop and coordinate integrated master plan and schedule to meet all project deliverables. Track plans and schedules and perform risk analysis and mitigation. Provide budget analysis, resource management, to ensure delivery within time, scope and budget. Provide solutions to a wide range of moderately-complex problems. Manage contractual reporting deliverables. Maintain ongoing communication with contract liaison in a manner that facilitates positive working relationships. Formulate and enforce work standards, assigned schedules, and work discrepancy reports. Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the latest industry trends and tools associated with software development. Assist management with recruiting of new staff. Assist management with training for current staff members. Monitors projects and ensures client requirements are met. Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, standard process documentation and other documents related to the government contract. May serve as a team lead and be assigned to mentor other team members. Attend required training. Perform backup support outside of the primary position function as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five (5) or more years of IT project/program management experience, and/or software engineering, and working knowledge of project management principles.
* PMP certification strongly preferred. Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
* Previous experience in Federal contracts strongly preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in both leadership and customer liaison roles.
* Previous supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of all phases of work outlined in contract responsibilities.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Must be a US citizen
* Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
* Must be able to sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able to reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and to hear.
* Must have close and classroom vision.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED