Project Manager - New Albany, OH 9/20/2017
Black Box Network Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
PROJECT MANAGER - NEW ALBANY, OH
Job Locations US-OH
Posted Date 4 hours ago
Category (Portal Searching)
Black Box has recently been awarded the structured cabling and infrastructure build-out of multiple Data Centers with a major technology and social media giant based in Menlo Park, CA. The location of the first Data Center implementation is New Albany, OH a Columbus, OH suburb. The Data Center Project Manager will work onsite at the New Albany data center location and will be responsible for managing all onsite day to day activities of the data center cabling and infrastructure build. This position reports directly to the Data Center Program Director, and will be the key onsite leader to establish and run the New Albany location Data Center project. The Project Manager s primary responsibility are a) overall leadership, direction-setting, delegation, and decision making for the onsite Data Center team, b) to be the onsite point of contact to lead the data center project, c) to ensure success of the project by making key decisions and balancing workload, d) to develop and execute consistent and repeatable runbooks, processes, and tools, e) to be able to track to a Balanced Scorecard with critical KPIs, and f) to establish and maintain strong relationships with the client leadership team. This role will include duties for spend reporting, budgeting, strategic planning, staff development, and business partner relationships.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
* Execute North America Commercial Services (NACS) PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including: scope definition and management; task and resource scheduling; cost and price budgeting; quality review and assurance; client relationship management; project team management; and overall change management.
* Mentor and manage the delivery and execution of data center project through a balance of best-in-class and pragmatic project methodologies and practices that achieve KPIs and meet or exceed business results, client satisfaction and SLAs.
* Direct all phases of project from inception through completion.
* Develop and administer the budgets, schedules, and technical performance standards.
* Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
* Oversee the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract.
* Act as primary customer contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with clients to discuss overall performance.
* Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Direct the work of employees assigned to the project from technical, professional, or administrative areas.
* Issue and communicate project status to leadership, steering committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
* Onboard team members to the program, facilitating orientation and training on key processes and tools.
* Manage project issues/risks in a timely manner, escalating when necessary.
* Foster collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute program management activities and company priorities.
* Promote continuous growth of project management practices within the PMO and organization to achieve client and organizational objectives.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Act as point-of-escalation for the project.
* Manage change control process and scope in accordance with mutually agreed Change Management process.
* Manage Project control fundamentals: monitoring, anticipating potential problems, identifying project conflicts, taking corrective action, resolving issues, managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget, project reporting, quality review and assurance. Issue and communicate program status to leadership, steering committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong working knowledge of large-scale (i.e. 500,000 sq. ft.) data center infrastructure (i.e. structured cabling, networking, rack-and-stack, etc.), gained from prior experience as Project Manager working in the data center environment.
* Strong leadership, decision-making, and delegation skills are a must. The work environment is a high-paced environment and will require a poised, strong leader to keep the team ontrack, motivated, and moving in the same direction.
* Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience within the technology services industry which includes: overseeing multiple prime contracts; preparing and delivering briefings and recommendations to leadership on a regular basis; managing complex customer requirements across all aspects of cost, schedule, and quality.
* Strong working knowledge of both Waterfal and Agile project management philosophies and the ability to incorporate both into the project as needed.
* Strong understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) and experience in EVM tools, particularly Primavera P6.
* Strong decision making and delegation skills. Need to be able to make key decisions on the fly and delegate work appropriately when faced with time constraint challenges and changes to the project schedule.
* Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, risk management, product management, negotiation & decision making, ability to work and motivate in a team environment and overall change management.
* Self-motivated with a strong ability to plan/organize workloads.
* Excellent professional service philosophy and understanding the challenges in providing superior customer experience at a national level while controlling costs.
Required Education Level:
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
Area of Study / Degree:
* BA, Project Management, Engineering, IT or business is desired but not required
Certifications (Required or Preferred):
* PMP, RCDD, DCDC desired but not required
Minimum Total Work Experience:
* 10 years minimum work experience
Minimum Specialized Work Experience:
* 7+ years experience managing large-scale data center implementations
* 5+ years experience working with General Contractors and other trades.
* Consulting experience a plus.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS