Project Manager 9/16/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
O Brien & Gere is currently looking for a Project Manager for our Advanced Manufacturing business unit based in Syracuse, NY. This position requires demonstrated experience in managing complex capital projects for industrial manufacturers. An understanding of the engineer-procure-construct project execution process and familiarity with general manufacturing facilities/processes is required. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provide hands-on leadership and direction to project teams with a focus on aligning technical details with client business goals and performance expectations
* Develop followership, lead high performance teams, resolve conflict, negotiate positive outcomes, mentor, and motivate employees
* Adherence to the Firm s Core Values and Teamwork Pyramid that emphasizes team work across business units and offices, employee engagement, problem solving, accountability and team results.
Client Development & New Business
* Actively work with our clients to identify upcoming opportunities and position for new work.
* Build strong client relationships and seek opportunities to better understand the nature of the client s business and the competitive drivers in the market.
* Provide a single point of contact to interface with the Client update progress, manage changes, and manage expectations as the project is executed.
* Work with the Project Officer (and Business Unit Leader) to review commercial terms and identify potential revisions to prime contracts aimed at aligning risk/reward.
* Lead the development of proposals for new opportunities and manage information using OBG s Customer Relations Management software platform.
* Adheres to OBG s Project Delivery practices and participate in project management training programs.
* Develops well thought-out project plans that clearly identify project objectives, scope of work, planned workflows (e.g. design, procurement, construction management, and commissioning), project team, schedule, and budget.
* Active management of work-in-process to understand schedule and budget performance against plan. Proactively identifies and implements corrective actions to achieve project performance metrics.
* Manages approvals, financial reporting, and budget revisions via OBG s Oracle based project accounting system.
* Development of procurement strategies for execution of lower tier subcontractors or purchase orders for materials/equipment
* Effective change management to identify and execute contract change orders for owner approved changes in the scope of work.
Commitment to Quality & Safety
* Solicit and apply Lessons Learned feedback derived from our previous work experiences.
* Ensure sufficient time is allocated to conduct effective quality reviews of all project deliverables. Stress individual accountability to maintain quality and plan for peer reviews as major project milestones.
* Creates and sustains a culture of Safety by actively planning field work activities and maintaining compliance at all times with OBG s Corporate Health & Safety Manual
Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Science Major, other degrees, where required, engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues and 8+ years of relevant experience.
* Proficient with information technology to effectively direct their use for diverse project assignments and applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer