This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/20/2017
TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Project Manager to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
The Project Manager position is responsible for supporting Proposals, Project Management, and Installation, Bill of Material development, Testing and supervision of multiple projects throughout the Tampa Region. The primary work location will be in Tampa FL. Candidates must be able to manage sub-contractors and installation activities for various Electronic Toll and system projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Manages project teams coordinates activities, tracks performance, provides feedback, & motivates staff.
* Identifies project staffing needs and assists in the formation of effective project teams.
* Prepares, implements, & monitors project schedule and cost estimates.
* Works closely with the Contracts department to manage and administer relevant subcontract agreements.
* Manages project execution so that:
o Project deliverables are of a high quality and meet the expectations of the stakeholders.
o Projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in the most efficient manner possible.
o Project deliverables are deployed and turned over to the customer or internal TransCore support organization in a smooth and efficient manner.
o TransCore policies, standards and best practices are adhered to.
* Reports project status to management (e.g., EAC, IPR, etc.)
* Assists with completing along with managing the project documentation requirements.
* Prepares project plans that guide project execution to a successful conclusion.
* Proactively detects and evaluates issues/risks.
* Communicates project information including approach, progress, forecasts, and issues to all stakeholders.
* Provides guidance to other project mangers on best practices and past lesson learned.
* Minimum of 2 years of related experience (Required)
* Minimum of 2 years of Transportation Sector experience (Preferred)
* Engineering or IT Experience a plus
* Excellent Problem Solving Skills
* Excellent Time Management Skills
* Excellent Organizational Skills
* Knowledge of Product (Back office and Lane Solutions)
* Excellent Analytical Skills
* Must be able to multi task
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with Customer service
* Must be adaptable, highly motivated self starter
* Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Bachelor s Degree from a four year college or university
* Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc., a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.