Project Specialist - IRS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/1/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROJECT SPECIALIST - IRS
The Project Specialist is responsible for data migration from a variety of platforms. This role requests the data to be measured using work orders, loads the measured data into spreadsheets used for initial processing, performs an initial QC of the data, requests the data to be uploaded to a proprietary Oracle database or client download site. Coordinates to ensure the data is accurate & released to the client. The Project Specialist is responsible for the quality and deliverability of data from receipt to the client. Uses MS Office and proprietary software and tools to evaluate and QC the data. This position requires learning the lab testing used for the measurements including terminology and evaluation techniques and requires an understanding of complex geological and engineering concepts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Create job numbers and associated well folders in the IRS server for new wells including obtaining purchasing a scout ticket and placing in the appropriate job folder.
* Receive prepared samples and requested lab testing from geoscience staff, verify accuracy & testing instructions.
* Prepare work orders that include well and project information, lab services requested, sample quantities, cost of services, and expected testing duration.
* Submit samples and associated work orders to the appropriate lab for testing with a copy of the work order given to the Project Specialist (Scheduling) for tracking of services in progress.
* Interface with lab personnel regarding any testing questions such as providing detailed protocols, equipment to be used, or testing requirements.
* Receive measured data from the lab and verify the requested services and quantity were completed in accordance to the work order provided.
* Load measured data to customized data evaluation spreadsheets and perform initial QC using graphical and database techniques and proprietary software.
* Instruct for the data to be uploaded either to RAPID or CoreClientWeb using SharePoint, providing details of the location of the data and specific upload instructions and monitors to ensure an Assist Ticket is placed based on the instructions provided.
* Once the data has been uploaded, coordinate to verify the accuracy of the uploaded data ensuring that the duration from the time the data is received from the lab to the time the data is posted is less than 72 hours (excludes weekends and/or holidays).
* Update tracking spreadsheets as the flow of data proceeds from initiation of testing to delivery of data to the client.
* Assist in general QC of data in RAPID as directed using proprietary software to verify the data and to address any data problems and resolve.
* Provide support to management, sales, and business development regarding data questions or concerns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA or BS degree required (Geology or other natural science field preferred), lab testing experience and data reduction experience preferred. One to three years working with geological and engineering data including a basic understanding of lab testing on reservoir rock and fluid samples and evaluation and QC of the resultant data preferred.
Ability to write business correspondence. Must have the ability to create presentations and reports in order to illustrate technical information effectively. Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one, small and large group situations. Must speak English fluently. Additional languages are beneficial.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve equations using basic algebra.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations and understand complex technical relationships.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Must be able to work with reservoir rock and fluid samples.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work done in office environment. Overtime and travel rarely required. No hazardous materials, but includes handling of rock and rock chips