This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlease note the Property Assistant will be located in one of our Alexandria, VA properties.
Department: Property Management
Reports To: Property Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION
To oversee the daily operations of the property management office including: answering telephones, dispatching engineers, inputting work orders, assisting in lease administration, monthly reporting preparation, filing and general office organization.
Includes but is not limited to the following as well as other duties which may be assigned from time to time as required:
* Oversee the daily operations, upkeep and conditions of the property management office.
* Manage materials and supplies for the management office.
* Interact directly with the clients, customers, maintenance teams and vendors.
* Prepare and coordinate vendor contracts.
* Maintain property, lease, and contract files for all tenants and vendors.
* Maintain certificate of insurance records for all tenants and vendors.
* Prepare general correspondence, memos, notices and miscellaneous forms to tenants and vendors.
* Code invoices for payment for the various properties.
* Respond to work tickets, tenant requests and other.
* Provide support to Engineering staff.
* Assist in planning and coordinating tenant promotion functions.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organization skills.
* Computer proficiency (including MRI, Microsoft Word, Excel or spreadsheet knowledge)
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to meet work standards and varying work schedules as necessary.
* Ability to promote teamwork among employees in order to accomplish goals and to meet the needs of the customers.
* Ability to work with others as a team member to accomplish projects.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business.
Carr Properties is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status..