This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/22/2018
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYResponsible for managing a mid to large industrial property, facility or complex in an efficient and value enhancing manner that is consistent with the overall strategic plan for each property, facility or complex. Accountable for all business, financial, and management aspects of the assigned property including preparing, implementing and adhering to the approved strategic plan, a budget for the property, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants or occupants, and supervising the day-to- day activities of the engineering, maintenance and other building staff as well as contract services. Will be responsible for directly supervising a variety of staff which may include building, administration, engineering, operations, maintenance and finance/accounting.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree with CMP/RPA designation desired.
* 2 years experience directly supervising and managing a staff including experience in planning and assigning work, performance assessments, training, hiring, discipline, and development.
* 5 years working in real estate with property management; 7 to 10 years experience preferred
* Real Estate License where required by law.
* Industrial Property Management experience is a must.
* Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in industrial real estate, financial reporting and budgeting.
* Hands-on experience with tenant improvement construction projects preferred; ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints.
* Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
* Highly organized and skilled with time management.
* Strong customer service/tenant relation skill required.
* Excellent technical facility skills (HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing etc.).
* Excellent communications skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation).
* Develops and implements the approved strategic plan for the property.
* Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are consistent with the client's overall objectives.
* Prepares annual budget, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and leasing activity reports for the client and ensures that all reports are reviewed and approved by the responsible Portfolio Manager.
* Conducts formal site inspections at least monthly in compliance with established standard operating policies and procedures.
* Monitors and enforces the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases Responsibilities include all aspects of lease administration including critical date master scheduling, lease notification and renewal notices.
* Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and emergency operations manual.
* Has primary responsibility for controlling the procurement and expenditure processing.
* Ensures adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance reporting; forecast cash flow of property; review real estate tax assessments; and file required municipal reports.
* Ensures regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability for both Cushman & Wakefield and client.
* May be responsible for collecting tenant and vendor certificates and insurance and maintaining compliance.
* If performing in an agency leasing capacity, participates in tenant selection, negotiation, and analysis of credit risk.
* Coordinates with leasing brokers to quickly turn around vacant space and to maximize occupancy and positive cash flow.
* Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships at all times with tenants and occupants ensuring that all services and needs are met and in compliance with leases and agreements.
* Conducts periodic visits, inspections and surveys and develops and implements effective tenant retention programs.
* Keeps current of all developments in industrial real estate market affecting current or potential value of assets.
* Oversees completion of tenant and capital improvements consistent with local codes and in compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure owner and tenant acceptance, timely completion, occupancy and rent commencement.
* Hires, trains, and supervises (directly and indirectly) a qualified team of building, administrative, maintenance, engineering, accounting, and management staff for the property to promote efficient and cost-effective operation.
* Responsible for employee administration, including performance measurement, salary reviews, setting goals and motivating subordinates to meet goals.
* Participates in the negotiation of service contracts with outside vendors to achieve the highest levels of performance at the lowest cost in compliance with Cushman & Wakefield's values, standards and guidelines for business conduct.
* Supports and provides leadership in a commitment to achieve C&W and client expectations for service and business objectives
* Consistently upholds and applies the company s policies regarding appropriate professional behavior to ensure that the values of the firm are exhibited by the actions of the staff.
* Performs other related duties as requested by superiors.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..