Public Relations Director, Media Relations (Consumer/Retail)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONGolin is an integrated agency with PR, digital and content at its core. With 50 offices around the world and 60 years of experience, Golins purpose is to create change through relevant, brave work worthy of awe and action. Go All In is the agencys ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity. We Go All In. In everything we do. We believe we have the power to inspire real results and we work tirelessly every day to do just that. Because we know that you cant half ass your way to greatness, we only work with the brightest and the best.
And, were committed to Go All In for our people. Which is why we dont just look for the dreamers, but we find the people who can make their dreams a reality. People at Golin are Courageously Happy, and they are empowered to pursue the adventures that they always wished they could do, but havent been able to. It may be clich to say, but we actually do live by the mantra of work hard, play hard, with our Life Time vacation plan (take the time off when you need it), enhanced family care, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly Life Time stipend for the gym or hobbies.
So now, we just need to find our next rock star team member to continue greatness on behalf of our clients.
Golin Chicago is hiring a savvy PR Director to OWN media relations strategy for a global retailer. You will drive media strategy and oversee execution that keeps our clients relevant with top media and influencers in their industriesprimarily retail food and consumer tech. Youll build strong media and influencer relationships with, and always be on the lookout for opportunities that lead to coverage. Youll transform corporate milestones and data into compelling stories and become trusted counsel to senior clients. We are looking for a strong leader and counselor with the ability to think cross platform by contributing to an integrated team.
WHAT YOULL DO:
* Translate brand and key messages into packaged media concepts that get relevant media (e.g., print, broadcast, online) to talk or write about the topic/client
* Counsel clients on a daily basis regarding media strategy, consumer media
* Provide media outreach support, leverage social media to identify appropriate targets,
* Convey complex information around issues, adeptly dealing with difficult media situations (misperceptions)
* Develop deep media relationships with those that cover retail
* Pitch and secure stories with traditional media and influencers
* Work on multiple projects at one time
* Immerse self in clients industries, brands and past media coverage
* Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership to staff, supervising staff members, and ensuring the team's success by managing work quality and productivity levels
* Maintain relationships with senior-level client contacts and internal contacts
* Mentor, coach and support team members ensuring constant development of their skills
* Consistently hold self and staff accountable for behavior and performance
* Support development of media strategies and plans for clients and new business
WHAT YOU HAVE:
* 8-10 years of media relations experienceretail experience a plus!
* Experience securing national consumer media coverage across all mediums (broadcast, newspapers, magazines and online) a must
* Good understanding and daily usage of social media
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools such as Cision, Tweetdeck, Radian6 and Sysomos
* Willingness to Travel
* BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
* Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and national consumer media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships
* Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the clients business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives
* Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing communications programs within budget
* Superior writing skills, expert in Associated Press style with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials including, communications plans, media POVs, press materials, fact sheets, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
* Entrepreneurial attitude with a knack for building trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to additional, incremental new business opportunities.
Golin is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V