Public Safety Officer I 9/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Receiving general direction from the Public Safety Supervisor, incumbent ensures a safe and secure environment, provides protective service and response for protection of the people and property of the Hospital, is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation of Department.
Minimum of a high school diploma required. A strong educational background (Associates or Bachelors degree) in criminal justice or related field is preferred. A combination of both experience and education will be considered.
* 1-3 years of security, or related experience preferred.
* Must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Drivers license.
* Must obtain and maintain required certifications in the following programs (training provided by department):
* CPR/AED/First Aid
* Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
* CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI)
* International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS) Basic Officer Certification
* Practical and Tactical Handcuffing (PATH)
* Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training (OCAT)
* WMD/HAZMAT Level C Operations
* The ability to be licensed as a Special State Police Officer under the Commonwealth of MA General Laws Chapter 22 C, section 63 preferred.