QA Technician 2nd shift 3/21/2017
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to maintain quality and ensure products meet specifications.
* Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
* Utilizes their experience, skill & training to manage any quality assurance issues or crises arising on their shift.
* Ensures optimum product quality and safety during the shift.
* Supervises on-line quality assurance checks and procedures.
* Compiles information relating to on-line non-compliance, non-conformance and corrective actions.
* Performs line checks throughout the facility and documents data in the daily activity report. Addresses issues of non-conforming product with Supervisors and co-workers as appropriate.
* Selects products for analysis at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of specifications such as dimensions, weights, core temperatures and sensory characteristics.
* Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
* Performs Hygiene and Foreign body audits on a scheduled basis.
* Ensures the effective implementation of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) systems.
* Completes Daily Quality reports on product.
* Inspects production lines prior to start-up.
* Assists with product recall program, customer complaint investigations, and customer, regulatory or other inspections.
* Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
* Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Perform work tasks in harmony with peers.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Flexibility - Is able to move from one task to another task with ease.
* Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Typical Work Schedule: As per QA Technician job description
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Minimum Diploma in a Food Science related discipline
* MATH ABILITY - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Years of Experience
* 3 years trained Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing facility implementing a Quality Management System
* Language Skills
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as production schedules, safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Working knowledge of Spanish preferred.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively.
* Computer/Software Skills
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software and Excel spreadsheet software.
* Travel requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); and occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk 85% of the time; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Logan Township, New Jersey, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.