QA Tester (MI, Grand Rapids)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/4/2018
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONPCR is immediately hiring a QA Tester in Grand Rapids MI. The Tester will be responsible for benchmarking, testing and verifying a large-scale web-based application. The Tester will also analyze the application for anomalies and flaws, identifying usability issues, develop testing procedures, and maintain testing environments appropriate for the application. The Tester will work toward formalizing the testing process by establishing test plan documents, all with the goal of improving the quality of the applications according to business and technical specifications through intensive primary and regression testing.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid federal holidays, two weeks paid time off, and more.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
* Record and document results and compare to expected results.
* Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
* Document software anomalies and manage and track issues.
* Examine code and execution of code in various environments.
* Maintain test environments.
* Work with developers to provide application instructions for users.
* Create meaningful error-handling procedures for application code.
* Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
* Participate in application planning meetings.