Qualified Locomotive Engineer - Marquette, IA SIGNING BONUS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONQUALIFIED ENGINEERS WILL RECEIVE A $15,000 SIGNING BONUS!! (must commit to working for CP for two years or the signing bonus will be repayable)
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in the United States and Canada with direct links to eight major ports providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Locomotive Engineers are responsible for the safe operation of locomotives to provide quality freight transportation service through knowledge and thorough understanding of the operating rules governing train movement; inspection of locomotive prior to the beginning of run and during operation; performing of initial or terminal testing on locomotive as required; knowledge of territory to operate train safely; communication with Conductors and others; diagnosing malfunctions of locomotive and performance of minor repairs to locomotive.
* Must currently possess a Class I Locomotive Engineers license;
* Ability to speak clearly and distinctly over electronic equipment;
* Must have good color perception;
* Ability to give and interpret hand signals, read and interpret flags and interlocking signals;
* Must be available on call, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week including weekends and holidays;
* Must have adequate transportation to get to and from work;
* Must wear safety equipment;
* Must pass written rules exams within probationary period;
* Reading and comprehension skills required to complete paperwork, and read and understand general orders, track bulletins, and applicable Operating Rules;
* Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Employer Funded Retirement Plan
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
* Part-time Studies Program
CP is looking for Qualified Engineers. To be deemed Qualified, you must have a valid Engineer certification, have worked for a Class 1 Railroad within the past year, and have a minimum of 1 year experience as a Class I Engineer.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a Safety sensitive or safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Reference check
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Last 7 years of employment history
* Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.