Quality Assurance Specialist, Sr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/23/2017
Sheboygan Falls, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONA career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Ensure Employee Excellence:
An employee who receives the necessary training is better able to perform her/his job, and continuous training instills confidence, and keeps the employees on the cutting edge of industry developments. Employees who are competent and on top of changing industry standards help our company hold a position as a leader and strong competitor within the industry. A structured training and development program is essential to ensure that employees have consistent experience and background knowledge. The consistency is particularly relevant for the company's policies, practices, and procedures as all employees need to be aware of the expectations within the company. Onboarding includes safety, quality, operations, and administrative tasks. One of the primary responsibilities for this position include the definition, implementation, and maintenance of a new employee Onboarding Program.
Customer satisfaction is the best indicator of how likely a customer will make a purchase in the future. In a competitive marketplace where businesses compete for customers; customer satisfaction is seen as a key differentiator. Businesses who succeed in these competitive environments are the ones that make customer satisfaction a key element of their business strategy. Another primary responsibility for this position will be to host internal and customer audits for Life Sciences and Performance Material products to instill confidence in the Quality Systems.
Quality System Maintenance and Improvement
A Quality Management system is comprised of the processes, procedures, organizational structure, and resources that come together to ensure that our business provides consistent and reliable products and service. It emphasizes different principles within a business such as leadership, quality, continual improvement, staff involvement and different approaches to decision making. A sound quality system is necessary to ensure a high quality business. This position will also be responsible for the definition, maintenance, and enhancement of the Quality System.
Who you are:
* BA/BS in preferred Life Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering. Non-science degrees will be considered as appropriate.
* Desirable: Advanced degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or Engineering
* Experience: 5-7 years in a Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Production, or Project Management position.
* Knowledge and Skills:
* Previous demonstrated leadership ability, including excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
* Thorough understanding of Quality System Regulations, ISO Quality Systems, and other FDA regulations.
* Thorough understanding of the principles of process, cleaning, and equipment validation.
* In depth understanding of auditing.
* Knowledge, experience, and a thorough understanding of adult instructional strategies, or approaches.
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Google, and ERP systems.
* Data analysis, presentation, and experimental design.
* Thorough understanding of current processing requirements for electronic, drug, industrial, and biologic types of products.
* Preferred understanding of Sigma-Aldrich operations, including production, packaging, laboratory, materials management, purchasing, and others.
* Effective written and oral communication and customer service skills.
* Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks/priorities.
* Excellent problem solving skills/abilities.
* Capacity for independent work.
* Good time management skills.
* Good negotiating skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.