Quality Coordinator - Transplant Clinic - FT Weekdays 9/19/2017
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00073-87783
MEDICAL CITY FORT WORTH
FORT WORTH TRANSPLANT
This position requires a clinically proficient individual experienced in areas of clinical data design, capture, management, querying and reporting. The incumbent will have the ability to use various operating systems and clinical applications. The Transplant Data Coordinator should be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and function as a liaison at the department and facility levels. Coordinating information flow among medical, ancillary, nursing, financial and insurance staff. Coordinator participates in the development and maintenance of the transplant statistical database and performs outcome monitoring for the department. Coordinator is responsible for development, oversight and management of appropriate clinical research projects and programs. Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of computerized records and reports as well as the quality and integrity of clinical data. This individual should have the ability and willingness to function effectively in a team environment. Other responsibilities as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Measure, analyzes, generates and presents reports on healthcare processes and patient outcomes to identify and prioritize areas for improvemen
* Coordinates performance improvement activities focused on specific patient service lines or nursing/medical and/or organizational quality initiatives through the use of specific benchmarks and evidence-based practices.
* Participates in the evaluation of the impact of improvement activities
* Facilitates sentinel event investigations and root cause analysis activities to reduce risk and increase patient safety. Facilitates the peer review process as indicated.
* Coordinates the review of, and collaborates with Risk Management on, correspondence related to quality of care issues from outside the organization
* Participates in efforts to establish and maintain organizational readiness to meet regulatory requirements based on service line specialty.
* Educates staff and physicians regarding performance improvement processes/initiatives and patient safety
Medical City Fort Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. MCFW serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
* Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
* Accredited AMI Program
* Accredited Stroke Center
* Cardiovascular center of Excellence
* Critical Care Unit RN
* The counties most premier Transplant services facility- Fort Worth Transplant Institute
Find out more about our dynamic world-class, cutting edge Transplant Services Team here. We are changing the face of Transplant Medicine. At Medical City Fort Worth, There is a Difference. Come be a part of our greatness., apply online today.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years Transplant or Critical Care related RN experience with progressive levels of responsibility
* Two years of previous experience as a quality data abstractor, in any related specialty
* Must have excellent computer skills to include: data input, Excel, Outlook, Medi-Tech/Epic, and other required software
* Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Last Edited: 10/16/2017