Quality Engineer (ID 4035) 9/20/2017
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is seeking a temporary Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA.
Job Summary: This position will support General Atomics as a 6-12 month contract, but has the opportunity to be transitioned to full time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops, modifies, coordinates and documents the implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of quality assurance programs and systems on one or more mid-size projects.
* Provides advice and guidance in interpreting and adapting quality standards and government regulations.
* Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality standards are in place.
* Works on problems of diverse scopes where analysis of data requires a review of identifiable factors.
* Analyzes design reliability and quality to recommend process changes and enhancements.
* Creates or recommends design, dimensional, or manufacturing process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
* Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
* Participates in functional testing and/or inspection of equipment and systems.
* Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
* Implements solutions to complex problems occurring internally and at vendor facilities.
* Prepares statistical analysis reports, specifications and other technical documents.
* Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations.
* Provides limited project direction to other staff members.
* Performs incoming material/part inspection.
* Generates nonconformance, material rejections and corrective action reports, as well as communicating final acceptance test reports with customers.
* Generates and maintains files of all quality and as-built information for each product.
* Ensures project costs and schedules are maintained
* Performs other duties as assigned or required
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline
* Minimum five years of related experience
* Ability to apply a sound understanding of inspection methods and have good knowledge of computer operations and applications
* Ability to work extended hours as required
* Analytical ability required to develop creative solutions to routine and non-routine quality issues and the skills required to present those solutions to internal and external contacts
* SAP and Material Master experience
* Detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objective
* Possess good leadership skills to direct staff members
* Ability to sit and stand
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.