Quality Engineer (20170583)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 2/2/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Main Responsibilities of Job:
* Implement internal quality system within projects
* Act as a liaison with customer s quality representative to support project communication on quality matters.
* Work directly with internal project managers and customer s quality representatives to resolve quality issues
* Participate in design reviews and project milestone reviews
* Review and approve project documentation for compliance with appropriate quality standards and practices, not limited to:
* Manufacturing and Test travelers
* Rework documentation
* Management of internal reviews that precede major phases of a project to ensure completion of documentation, availability of resources and checking of quality and safety standards
* Audit of project documentation to ensure maintenance of configuration control
* Support 3rd party, customer and internal audits
* Nonconformance documentation and resolution during all phases of projects
* Control of supplier s parts, materials and process selection to ensure compliance with appropriate quality standards and practices
* Back up quality inspection support for manufacturing and test processes
* Maintain Humidity/Temperature monitoring systems
* Run Humidity/Temperature reports for Cell Processing, Product Development, Manufacturing and Test groups
* Coordinate facility ESD program
* Train employees in the areas of:
* Contamination Control
* ESD program
* Flight Hardware Handling
* Foreign Object Elimination
* Ability to obtain the following, off-site, NASA certifications:
* Conformal Coat
* Ability to obtain the following, on or off-site, certifications:
* J-STD-001 w/Space Addendum
* IPC/WHMA-A-620 w/Space Addendum
* Attention to detail and ability to manage conflict to follow issues through to conclusion
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work with a team to strict deadlines
* Bachelor s degree in technical field, preferably in engineering.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in quality control during manufacturing and testing of high reliability products (space experience strongly advantageous)
* Familiarity with quality standards (MIL, etc)
* Proficient in:
* MS Word
* MS Excel
* MS Power Point
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Lead Assessor training / certification not required but preferred.
* Knowledge and experience with ISO 9001:2008/AS9100 desired.
* Familiarity with aerospace standards (NASA, IPC, MIL, etc).
* Previous certifications to NASA or IPC manufacturing standards a plus.
Longmont, Colorado, United States
EnerSys Advanced Systems