Quality Engineer, Senior Member of Technical Staff 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Do you want to be part of a company that is changing the way software is developed and used* The IT Marketing WWW team in Indianapolis is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Quality Engineer to help ensure the quality of the technology behind our corporate web presence, which is a critical avenue for marketing, campaigns and lead generation worldwide. You will work directly with internal marketing and technical teams, as well as external vendor teams, to develop testing automation for the systems that drive our online lead-generation engine. This position is inside the IT organization, where Agile/Scrum methodologies are our lifeblood.
* Work with the WWW scrum teams to ensure every line of code we push to production is of the highest quality
* Plan, design, and enhance automation framework, utilities and tools
* Build black and white box test automation that is effective, fast, robust, and maintainable using tools such as JUnit, Selenium Web Driver, Mocha, Jasmine, and the Robot framework.
* Be a team evangelist for best practices around usability, security, and performance of web pages
* Actively support our ADM agile framework - including establishing scrum team roles, tools and practices
* Establish a solid relationship with other team members to understand the vision, requirements, and priorities of our business partners
* Work with developers, business systems analysts and product owners to translate acceptance criteria and ensure they are adequately addressed by automated tests
* Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Participate in product and feature design with developers, product managers, and business systems analysts
* Participate in and contribute to code reviews
* Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast with quality
* Diagnose, track and manage quality issues to resolution
* 5+ years of experience programming with an object oriented language.
* Proven experience with development and maintenance of regression and performance tests in a complex architecture.
* Passion for testing with the "break it" mentality.
* 5+ years of automated testing experience in a web based environment.
* Comfortable with both manual and automated testing.
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
* Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Computer Science or relevant experience.
* Experience with Version Control, Code Collaboration, and Continuous Integration Systems - GIT, Perforce, Code Collaborator, Swarm, Jenkins, ANT, etc.
* Familiarity using Jenkins, Chef, Vagrant or other environment automation tools
* Certifications in Java.
* Understanding of various user based security models.
* Master's degree - ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
SALESFORCE, THE CUSTOMER SUCCESS PLATFORM AND WORLD\'S #1 CRM, EMPOWERS COMPANIES TO CONNECT WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS IN A WHOLE NEW WAY. THE COMPANY WAS FOUNDED ON THREE DISRUPTIVE IDEAS: A NEW TECHNOLOGY MODEL IN CLOUD COMPUTING, A PAY-AS-YOU-GO BUSINESS MODEL, AND A NEW INTEGRATED CORPORATE PHILANTHROPY MODEL. THESE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES HAVE TAKEN OUR COMPANY TO GREAT HEIGHTS, INCLUDING BEING NAMED ONE OF FORBES\'S "WORLD\'S MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY" SIX YEARS IN A ROW AND ONE OF FORTUNE\'S "100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR" NINE YEARS IN A ROW. WE ARE THE FASTEST GROWING OF THE TOP 10 ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE COMPANIES, AND THIS LEVEL OF GROWTH EQUALS INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW A CAREER AT SALESFORCE. TOGETHER, WITH OUR WHOLE OHANA (HAWAIIAN FOR "FAMILY") MADE UP OF OUR EMPLOYEES, CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS AND COMMUNITIES, WE ARE WORKING TO IMPROVE THE STATE OF THE WORLD.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.