This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/22/2017
San Diego, CA
1015 Cubic Corporation
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Performs receiving inspection for electronic parts and assemblies. Makes accept/reject decisions on electronic parts after review of acceptance criteria. Performs examination of electronic components for counterfeit avoidance to company and industry procedures and standards. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Inspects received items, from CDA suppliers, media software and electrical hardware for conformance with electrical blueprints, wiring lists, quality standards, manufacturers catalogs, customer specifications, reference manuals and purchase order (PO) requirements.
* Determine hardware quality of electronic hardware, parts and assemblies for acceptance.
* Assists in resolving quality problems by meeting with and or interfacing with Purchasing, Engineering, Production Control, and Production Engineering.
* Accepts/rejects hardware accordingly, and prepare the associated documentation by completing the Receiving Report, Shop Traveler and/ documenting said results in the Quality and Manufacturing Integrated System, (Q&MIS), SmartSolve, SAP or similar Quality system
* Performs first article inspection, 100% inspection and/or sample inspection in accordance with procedures.
* Performs audits and documents audit results.
* Presents accepted items to customer representatives when required.
* Uses equipment such as microscopes, multimeters, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
* May work in any electronic inspection area.
* May perform Source Inspections at supplier facilities.
* Utilizes Electro Static Discharge (ESD) practices while handling electronic components and assemblies.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
This is a cleared site, U.S. Citizenship or Permanent resident status required. Mechanical inspection of metal parts, housing & casting against drawing & standard using regular inspection tools such as micrometers, height gauges etc. Electrical inspection under IPC 610 and IPC JST-STD-001.Two-year college degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of two years of experience in all phases of electronics inspection, including end item inspection. Familiar with schematic diagrams, functional competence, wiring lists, and be proficient in electronics drawings and quality standards. Must be certifiable in solder inspection. Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers, multimeters, microscopes, and other basic inspection gages and equipment. Good written and oral communication skills. Computer literate in Windows/Office applications. Able to follow written and verbal directions. Ability to read and interpret written material. Must have 20-20 vision or correctable to 20-20, depth perception with no color blindness. Ability to climb stairs, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to work with a personal computer. Certification to IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 a plus. Some Mechanical inspection competence, LEAN Sigma (SPC, Control Charting), and bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.