Quality Lab Assistant 10/11/2017
Church & Dwight
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Under the direction of the Quality Lab Coordinator - VMS, this position will be responsible for assisting and performing both specialized and routine physical testing and supporting the daily functions of the laboratory.
* Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility. Support all plant and department safety policies and procedures at all times.
* Assures that samples designated for physical analysis are prioritized and processed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Use Good Laboratory Practices and Good Documentation Practices in all laboratory activities.
* General lab duties including, but not limited to:
* Moisture analysis
* pH analysis
* Water activity
* Piece-weight analysis
* Organoleptic analysis
* Prepare samples for HPLC using liquid nitrogen
* Calibration of laboratory equipment
* Washing laboratory dishes
* Prepare samples for shipment to contract laboratories for testing as needed
* Receive, review and document contract laboratory testing results
* Track and trend laboratory data using Microsoft Excel and pivot tables.
* Track and trend production data using Minitab software.
* Generate and maintain various production records for QA/QC/and R&D groups
* Write rework protocols and sorting protocols and input validation data into reports under the direction of the QC Laboratory Coordinator and Quality Engineer
* Archive QA/QC and laboratory records.
* Order, track and distribute laboratory supplies.
* Receive all chemicals (including hazardous and flammable materials) into the lab. Log them in the Chemical Tracker and out them into their designated locations.
* Check temperature chart records and desiccators daily.
* Manage sample retain area.
* Seek opportunities to reduce routine laboratory costs by increased efficiency (higher throughput, decreased cost of supplies)
* Execute projects as assigned to meet changing laboratory needs and requirements.
* Maintain all housekeeping, regulatory and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements.
* Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
Provide general Quality Department support as needed (audits, failure investigations, complaint investigations, new formula / product start-ups, compliance monitoring, etc.)
* Utilize laboratory safety procedures, handing of hazardous materials, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and review of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) or GHS (Globally Harmonized System) pertaining to the work area.
* Participate in development, maintenance and communication all applicable SOP s (Standard Operating Procedures) as related to the laboratory and internal/external testing activities and protocols for the operation.
* Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Excellent interpersonal skills ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization
* Excellent communications skills ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media verbal, written, etc.
* Excellent organizational/time management skills.
* Knowledge of Plant Quality Systems related to SOP s, control plans, work instructions, project management, quality engineering and quality audit functions.
* Competence in Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), cGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
* Ability to maintain a laboratory notebook; strong attention to detail.
* Good knowledge of laboratory terminology, equipment, materials, and the techniques/procedures commonly used in the analysis of food and related products.
* Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
* Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, Minitab, and SAP).
* Ability to interpret and analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
* Associate s Degree or Bachelor s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or related field preferred.
* Prior quality laboratory experience in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran