Radar Technician I 9/19/2017
TRAX Test Services
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Apply technical knowledge of electronics, mechanical, and computer skills in support of operations and routine maintenance on pulse and continuous wave radar systems and their peripheral equipment. Operations will include setting up radar and instrumentation van at remote locations, operating the radar system in support of test mission, and system tear-down once testing is complete. Skills required include a fluency with computers, use of test equipment (such as Spectrum Analyzers, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes), and basic hand tools to support radar systems. Must be able to work independently supporting operations and maintenance efforts with minimal direction. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission.
Pay Rate: $18.97/hr.
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirements.
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Must be proficient with hand tools.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
* Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
* Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
* Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
* Must use down-time effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
* Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
* Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability. Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
* Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy. Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
* Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs. Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
* Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
* Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
* Must have one of the following: 1 year Electro-mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation related experience OR equivalent training.
* Knowledge of test equipment like multi-meters.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
* Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
* Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and standing.
* Must be able to lift 75 lbs unassisted.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
* Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
* Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for the Radar Section.
* Basic radar theory knowledge or experience.
* Working knowledge of computer systems and software.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION (IF APPLICABLE)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX Test Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
*TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS, Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.