3rd Shift Helpdesk Support Memphis, TN
PLEASE NOTE: THE SCHEDULE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION IS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10:30PM 7:00AM CST
Outstanding opportunity to join an expanding, public, pet healthcare company that is well positioned for future growth, with a market cap of $9 to 10 billion and a stock that has outperformed the market by more than 6x in the past 10 years!
Provides internal Employee walk-in and phone support for computer systems or applications problems, personal computer, device or other related issues. Provides technical advice and informal training to Employees. Troubleshoots and restores technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms.
Team members of the IT Helpdesk Support Group will work closely with the End User Architecture Team to improve IDEXX End User Services policies and procedures in all aspects of system support and problem resolution.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Providing walk-in and telephone support to Employees for computer systems or applications problems, personal computer, device or other related issues.
* Troubleshoots problems and provides immediate resolution, or performs additional research as needed to resolve issues.
* May develop checklists for typical problems.
* Recommends procedures and controls for problem prevention.
* Sets clear and reasonable expectations as to resolution and timeframe.
* Escalates problems to others as needed.
* Documents issues and resolution on tracking system.
* Images and sets up new and reconfigured employee computers.
* Shares problem resolutions and unique cases with others on team to add to information knowledge base.
* Contributes to updated policies and procedures as needed.
* High school diploma required.
* Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or related business experience preferred.
* Customer service experience required.
* A certification nice to have.
* Typically 1-2 years related experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, good telephone etiquette.
* Ability to attain established customer service standards.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of moderately complex hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
* Broad range of network and desktop knowledge including MAC, Windows 7, Office365, Microsoft Office Professional Suite (2007, 2010), Popular Browsers configurations, Remote Access Strategies and Technologies.
* Demonstrated Experience with Advanced Driver Configurations
* Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 support of medium to high complexity.
* Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting others with calls.
* Experience working with a LIMS Laboratory Information Management System, nice to have.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance.
ABOUT THE AREA: MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE has all the amenities that come with being the 20th largest city in the U.S., but at a cost of living nearly 14% below the national metro average. A hard-earned dollar goes farther, as there is no state income tax in Tennessee. Home of the blues and the birthplace of rock & roll, the Memphis area holds a rich abundance of artistic diversity including visual art, music, film, dance and theater. Memphis has something for every sports fan, as it is home to the NBAs Memphis Grizzlies, and minor league baseball and hockey teams. With numerous local and state parks, Memphis has plenty of places to bike, jog, paddle, play and fish. Memphis, home to Southern cooking and mouthwatering barbeque has been featured countless times on the Food Network and Travel Channel.